Saturday, March 19, 2016

Project: Ladies Closet

Yes, I do LOVE a closet project!!

This was a fun project for me because it was a closet that was a blank slate. The only true problem with the closet was that it had too many clothes (what lady doesn't??) and no system in which to organize the clothing. 

Here is what I did to make it more functional:

  • Go through her clothes to see which clothes could be donated (I know it is so hard to part with your items but if you haven't worn it in a year or don't feel great in it you should consider donating it to someone else who could love it!)
  • Take everything out and vacuum it...starting with a fresh clean slate makes it easy to visualize the space
  • Purchase SlimLine Hangers (I recommend all my clients get the 35 pack from Costco...Costco don't every discontinue these as they are a fantastic deal!)
  • Re-hang all the clothing that passed the test on these new hangers that fit much better in the closet
  • Purchase and put up a double hanging 
  • rod for the shirts and pants to hang on the bottom rack
  • Sort clothes and put in appropriate bins on the top of the closet...some examples of clothing we put on the top were workout clothes, bathing suits, cover ups, warm weather clothes...
                                       

This project took about 4 hours and about $200 in supplies. Wouldn't you say it is well worth it for a closet you can find your clothing and LOVE entering???

Spring time is the perfect time to call me to talk about working on your home space. Give me a call I would love to help you make your space picture perfect!!

 

No comments :

Post a Comment