Monday, May 4, 2015

Ultimate Reset ~ Day 1

Today marks day 1 of the Ultimate Reset which is a 21 Day program that Beachbody created. I picked day 1 to be after my huge race which included 4.5 miles of running and a gizillion (37) obstacles. I am super duper sore and ready to focus on healing and recovery. During the reset you are supposed to let your body rest and only do light walking and stretching so that means I am taking a 3 week break from Body Beast program. No biggie! I can pick it back up easily when done with this program.

7:15 am ~ 2 capsules of optimize and 10 shakes of mineralize (I haven't had time to buy distilled water yet so in it went in my bottled water). I was worried the mineralize would change the taste of the water and I was relieved that it didn't. Tip...I used 36 oz of water. Next time I will use the minimum of 12 oz as I am floating away with urine:) took a nice walk with the kids to school.

8:30 am ~ Breakfast 
*2 scrambled eggs, 1 piece of toast. I didn't have kale or spinach yet so I just skipped that part.

 As much as possible I am having my kids eat the same foods I eat. They will get to try new things. In this case they love eggs. Tyler did remark, "what is the green stuff on your eggs...lol:)"


 This Momma is all about the bags (hint hint Hubby...Momma wants a Louis Vitton purse...did I even spell that right?). The Ultimate Reset comes with a little travel bag which you can put your daily supplements in. Perfect for a busy Momma like this girl!




9:30 ~ visit to the chiropractor! Ahhh! Picked up the distilled water and ingredients needed for week 1. Little guy loves to be adjusted like his Mommy!



10:30 ~ took 2 capsules of optimize and drank 12 oz of distilled water (no different taste) with 10 shakes of mineralize.



Off for a walk with my little guy! 

noon ~ lunch
*miso soup, salad (my version of micro green is kale, romaine, choi lettuce) and toasted pumpkin seeds.


The miso soup is sweet. I was very unsure when I tried it but I didn't dislike it but I didn't love it. Same as the pumpkin seeds. I don't think I liked them toasted as it gave them an after taste. Next time I will try them raw. Day 1 on the reset does not show the salad as I prepared. I figured since I don't use dressing I will use my normal fruit as my "dressing."


Off to the park and another walk with the kids. I walk a lot in case you can't tell!

2 pm ~ I'm hungry and laid down for a few minutes before my other kids get home from school. I am definitely well hydrated. I have not been drinking enough water in my daily life. I am not thirsty like I normally am.

On the reset you are supposed to drink your water in between meals and not at meals. I think this is good advice!

I am dreaming of some strawberries dipped in chocolate or my Greenberry Shakeology. I can't have either so I am about to go try my alkalinize drink for the first time. 

2:20 pm ~ Kids got home late off the bus and I wanted to wait for them so they could videotape my reaction to the alkalinize. No lying or bs on how it tastes!! I am pleasantly surprised I could handle it. The thing that I dreaded them most about the reset is a cake walk. 

Check out my You Tube link to see how I prepared! I think I did an amazing job as it tasted really good! NO LIE!!!
My best tips for making Alkalinize taste great!





I am feeling so confident right now that I have day 1 under control. 

I have to wait 30 minutes but I am so ready for my snack!

3:15 pm ~ In the reset you are allowed an optional snack. One of the allowed items is an apple with peanut butter. I devoured this apple and licked the peanut clean. This is a normal snack for me; however, I normally add chocolate chips. Proud of myself for staying committed and eating it correct.

5:00 pm ~ While giving the kids a bath I was actually thirsty and ready for my next 12 oz of water with 10 shakes of mineralize, my 2 capsules of optimize and 2 capsules of soothe.

Dinner of baked chicken, potatoes, green beans (with a sprinkle of almonds and cranberries) smells fantastic. Again, something I would eat normally but on the reset I eliminated the cheese and extras I would have piled on.

6:00 pm ~ Dinner!!!

Day 1 was a successful wrap. I am excited for Day 2. Check back tomorrow for all my tips on a successful reset!

No comments :

Post a Comment