Friday, May 8, 2015

Ultimate Reset ~ Day 5


The Ultimate Reset has truly changed my life! I am now eating things I never in a million years dreamed I would eat. My shorts are finally not snug and while I didn't need to necessarily lose weight my love handles and bump after 4 kids feel like they have went down.



Today was my repeat day. In each phase you can repeat the meals as many times as you want. The goal is to branch out and try to stick to the book but let's face it...a few trips to the local organic grocery store is not only expensive but time consuming. So I wanted to clean out the fridge a little and use up some things.

Breakfast ~ delicious oatmeal with 1 cup blueberries. I had to gulp a little when I realized 1 cup of blueberries is one small carton which is about $4, yikes! It was still delicious and I don't think I will heat my oatmeal in the microwave again. It tastes so much better cooked with love on the stove and doesn't take any longer.



Morning supplements ~ I have these down pat now and they are easy to remember which to take. 

Lunch ~ I was dreaming, dreaming, dreaming about last nights dinner. I really could have eaten if breakfast. The reset lunch did not look too appetizing so I pulled out my leftovers and before you can think, "I'm hungry" lunch was served. Just as good the second time around!

My kids are doing very well with these new adjustments. The older two have both agreed to try a few new things in their school lunches. The deal was they got a healthy muffin in exchange for eating a lettuce wrapped veggie roll. They both ate it and said it wasn't bad.



Snack~Ahhh, how I love snack time. I stand corrected from yesterday's blog...the Whole Foods natural peanut butter is wonderful. I love the smooth texture and the oiliness completely disappeared once it was refrigerated. Glad I have it a second try! Yes, I literally licked it clean. I did discover that less truly is more. I appreciated this smaller helping of peanut butter more than the increased serving from yesterday.



Tonight will be the first test as we have our first night of softball games and craziness. In the past this would have meant a visit to a local drive through (McDonalds, Subway, etc) but today I am planning ahead. But we had a huge downpour so the evening events were cancelled. Here is how I prepped ahead of time to make meal time more smoothly.



I had some frozen veggies in the freezer so rather than buying more I just used frozen broccoli and green beans. Why not save time?


Here is the stir fry that my hubby so graciously prepared. Turned out I absolutely HATED it! Sorry Shawn! It wasn't the way he cooked it but the way the booklet suggested. Some people might love cooking food in coconut oil but I despised the way the kitchen smelled and how greasy looking the veggies were.


Yes, I am 2 years old...I am the same girl that used to order cheeseburgers plain. I wiped off the excess oil with a napkin. Still didn't taste better...oh well.


Bonus was that every single child tried this meal. They also ate FISH! Tyler inhaled the fish and thought it was chicken. He loved it and said yummy!! 



Day 5 was kind of boring and I am still thinking about donuts but I survived. I drank lots of water and honestly wasn't tempted by anything because I don't have it in the house:)

Boring day 5 but Happy Friday!!

No comments :

Post a Comment