Saturday, May 16, 2015

Ultimate Reset ~ Day 13






Day 13 is just finished and I still feel like I have a long way to go. I have 8 days to go! For the first time I do believe that it doesn't matter how hard you work out but if you don't have portion control you won't get results.

Shawn and I have always been big fitness activists and have always worked out. In the beginning we worked out because it made us feel good, then we worked out because we wanted to be able to eat whatever we wanted (oh and we did!). Now we work out because it makes us feel good, we are role models and inspiration to those around us and because we are now in our late 30s and we need some awesome results.

So let the day begin!

Breakfast ~ I sliced up a juicy peach and topped it on a bowl of old fashioned rolled oats. This is my first time re-introducing oats and I had no problem. Note, that I am on day 13 and you are not supposed to introduce oats (or a lot of what I am supposed to do lol but do I every do what I am told?) till after day 21.


On Saturday's Costco is a favorite place to shop to sock up for the week. And our pickings in the fridge were very sad! My kids love and eat a lot of fruit so with all of us combined we did a clean out the fridge this week. The Reset has saved me money because I have not had any of drive throughs for ice cream or donuts and I have been using up items in my freezer and pantry that may have otherwise gotten overlooked.

Today at Costco it was like torture...like a kid in candy store with no money. It was so bad for me because all these tempting looking samples. I must have looked like a sad puppy as I turned down each and every sample. My kids made up for my passing on them. NOTE, I DID NOT TRY EVEN ONE SAMPLE. NOT ONE MORSEL PASSED MY LIPS.


I LOVE Pinterest and what do I see the minute I open the app? Homemade donuts! Hmmm.... is that so bad (no, it's good) that I love thinking about baking. My problem is I see things like these amazing looking donuts and I want to make them now! How good do these look? Has anyone made donuts at home? 

Here is the link...
http://www.browardsaves.com/skinny-homemade-baked-donuts-recipe/

Lunch ~ I was really full still from my breakfast. The oatmeal really holds me over. I quickly took my supplements (remember you need to take them 30 minutes before a meal) and then decided on a 1/2 scoop of Shakeology for lunch (banana, chocolate vegan Shakeology, ice and water). Yum! And we were off for our second busy part of the day.

We have a errands and a birthday party today so I packed up my insulated cooler and made myself a micro green healthy salad. I wanted to be prepared! I love Amazon's disposable take out salad containers. I get a few uses out of them by washing in between uses and they make my meals feel more presentable. Great for the pool or park!

The reset booklet calls for your micro green salad with some toasted pumpkin seeds. I did not like them toasted but I love having some raw on my veggies.
During our errands, we took a trip to Woodfield Mall for a little shopping. I had to pass by Godiva (sorry free monthly sample I am not getting you), Cinabon (boo..no again) and other temping mall smells. I survived the mall with no cheats or treats.

In between stops, I had my alkalinize with ice cold water today and beside the aftertaste I didn't even have to plug my nose. Recommendation: ice cold water for alkalinize!!

My will power is really decreasing. I am having the toughest time today staying strong but I AM!! 

I wish I had a Whole Foods closer to me. I love when I am close by the store because I get to stop and pick up what I need. Today's quick stop...celery, corn (I really enjoy this first a snack), peppers, and zucchini (making more of the zucchini/cashew soup).

Also, did you know Matt's chocolate chip cookies are organic? They are made locally in Wheeling, IL. Here are the ingredients:
Chocolate Chip:
Unbleached Wheat Flour, Real Chocolate Chips, Baking Oil (Palm, Soybean, Canola), Brown Sugar, Fresh Eggs, Sugar, Baking Soda, Salt, Vanilla
I had no idea! I picked up a batch from Whole Foods and plan to have these at some point after day 21. I hid them very good in my pantry so no little kiddies find them first.
Even with all my preparation, I forgot my afternoon snack today so I am skipping it and just waiting for dinner. 
According to Beachbody, 
"If you skip the snack, take Alkalinize. Wait for 30 minutes. Take your supplements. Wait thirty minutes or it could be longer, then eat dinner"

How amazing does this dinner look? This was the meal served at the birthday party. What I should NOT have eaten was the 2 flour tortilla shells and the few pieces of chicken I put on my plate. But you have to live and again I felt no symptoms after eating. Everything else was fine. 



I passed on the desserts at the party and am happy to report now chocolate or "extra's" today. That doesn't mean I didn't really want it though!

No comments :

Post a Comment