Saturday, May 9, 2015

Ultimate Reset ~ Day 6


Last night's dinner really as horrendous. I really did not like the oils I used for cooking. I think the veggies would have been fine but I was still hungry after dinner. If you have been following my last 5 day's progress you know that my goal is to make great, healthy choices. So I made myself a healthy fruit plate and it was scrumptious. Better than a bowl of ice cream (seriously). So if you are on this program don't get too bogged down by the details of the plan and book. You need to listen to YOUR body. A book can't tell you if you need something in your stomach (NO, I didn't say a piece of chocolate, lol).


 I didn't sleep the best last night but I will probably say that for the next 5 years as I have kids that hop in my bed. Regardless, I still woke up at 5 am (what the heck, does eating healthier make me need less sleep)? I was excited for today's breakfast which was old fashioned oatmeal, cooked on the stove (remember, add the love in the preparation of the meals), cut up apples and 2 tablespoons flax seed. I honestly don't know the health benefits of flax so I had to look it up:

  1. can lower blood pressure
  2. help fight breast cancer, disease and stroke
  3. improve blood sugar
  4. could help menopausal woman with hot flashes (I'm not there yet but let's add some preventive care to the list).
  5. ***Did you know that pregnant or nursing woman should not add this to their diet?

 Lunch ~ Branching out again today was scary but I am glad I did. Shawn was home to enjoy he fruits of my labor. On the menu was zucchini cashew soup and roasted root medley. I think I blended the soup just a little too long in my Blendtech as it was little too foamy and it could have used a little salt but otherwise it was fantastic! I used an onion, sweet potato and carrots for my root medley (cooked at 400 degrees for an hour). I love the burnt taste it reminds of fries. Yum!
 On the Rest, you really need to think ahead. Shawn and I were leaving for the day for a date for child #3 and Mother's Day spoiling. I used my handy pack it to transport my beverages for the alkaline, lemon (don't forget your straw), snacks, distilled water and of course supplements!
 A quick mix of alkaline in the car and I was ready to tackle the mall! The question is could the credit card handle ME? Notice how clear my skin is? My nails are so much stronger and I swear my hair feels thicker. 
 First Reset challenge handled successfully today. We went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We wanted to have a special dinner out and I wanted to be able to see how people could handle obstacles faced on the Reset while dining out. I was pleasantly surprised to see how friendly their menu was to my needs. There was actually quite a bit I could choose from. I started with some sweet potato fries (gluten free and not fried) and my main course was something I really debated on for awhile. I looked at the menu before we went out and again when we got there. I love so many courses at the Cheesecake Factory but I branched out and tried something I would have never have looked at before I started the reset. I tried the Garden Vegetable Salad which had apples, edamame, green beans, romaine, zucchini, tomato and cucumber. I left out the beets (still couldn't bear to try those). 

The main test came with dessert. Shawn really wanted something and I have been absolutely sugar free for 5 full days (almost 6). I needed to prove to myself that I could have a small, proper portion and not feel bad about that. So we got the best choice possible which was carrot cake and look at my tiny little bit. No more treats now for at least 5 days and then we will take another visit as to how I feel. So people need coffee, crackers or wine. Give me a dessert and I'm a happy girl. 



 My little #3 had no problem enjoying what Mommy couldn't. 

You know your a Mom when you are happy you get to go to the grocery store with only one of the four children. I love a full stocked fridge of healthy food for the week. I am all prepped for day 7, which is Mother's Day and for Phase 2! Bring it on baby!


No comments :

Post a Comment