Thursday, May 7, 2015

Ultimate Reset ~ Day 4



Another great night sleep, I am still feeling energized, I have lost lost brain fogginess and down to 116 pounds! I lost 4 pounds !!! That's right 4 pounds in 3 days! Remember, I am in my optimal fitness shape and not doing this reset to lose weight but it is such an added bonus that I am getting to my pre-kids weight. I am not concerned with that weight loss because I am drinking TONS of water and I do NOT have the 4 pounds of donuts and sweets that were previously sitting in my belly! Let me clarify the meal planning that I am eating... it is not like a fad diet but intended to change my lifestyle and my kids. In the past, I honestly thought I was working out enough to consume the extra sweets and treats (especially baked goods). I truly did not think that if I changed my style of eating I would lose weight. 

Breakfast ~The fruit plate was beautiful and colorful but I really didn't have an appetite for it at 7:15. I substituted whole grain organic bread for the yogurt because I cannot eat dairy (which is technically not allowed but I wanted the grains). I was rushing because I wanted to walk the kids to school on a sunny morning. LESSON LEARNED...Going forward on fruit plate days I will wait till 8:30. I did not enjoy it and I was not ready to eat fruit that early in the morning. 

All supplements and times remain the same in phase 1 so if you have questions about what to take when (I know it is confusing) just visit my Phase 1 supplements page.

Lunch ~ noon. I kept reaching for water bottle during lunch as I was thirsty. Looking back on the morning, I realized I didn't drink enough water this am as we were busying getting a little girl with an ear infection to the Doctor and then her medication. 

This was my first time eating a micro green. I picked them up at Whole Foods. All prepared and ready to go. They were not bad but I could taste the "green." I chewed bites of cranberry in between just to learn to like the taste. By the end I dumped my "nori" veggie roll to have the cucumber and carrot mixed in the greens. It was really good. I don't use salad dressing so to liven it up a little I squeezed some fresh lemon on the salad. PERFECT!


Phase 2 is quickly approaching so I had the pleasure of sitting under my patio umbrella while my kids played play-do (yea they lasted like 3 minutes of happily playing) but I got to work on my meal planning. 


So many people ask me what I feed my kids. My goal is an organic, preservative and dye free diet. I have only been doing this for the last 2 years so some of my 4 kids are better eaters than others. For the 2 little ones that are home for lunch I gave them carrots, raspberries, apples, hard boiled egg and cheese. They ate the granola bars before they made it on the plate.

I really thought I was starving for my snack but turns out I was thirsty. It is weird that I actually like this green drink. For some reason when I drink it fills me up (below pictured is the alkalinize which I chase with a slice of fresh lemon). 

I had my snack a little later today because it is a beautiful sunny warm Illinois day and after being cooped up all winter the kids needed some time to unwind at the park. Preparation is key! I packed myself some celery stalks and peanut butter I bought Whole Foods peanut but did not realize it had that nasty oil separation. I tried to put it in the fridge to solidify it but today I just used Jiff. My favorite "natural" peanut butter so far is Jiff Natural.

On a side note, I picked up this Fruit and Veggie wash from Whole Foods. Has anyone given it a try?



 Dinner ~ My dinner was absolutely the most AMAZING THING ever! I honestly don't think I expected it to taste so delightful. I almost didn't make this meal and I am so glad I did because:

  1. It was simple and fast
  2. It could be prepped ahead of time and put together when ready
  3. It was my favorite (did I say that yet???)


For 1 serving:

  • 3/4 corn
  • 1 cup brown rice
  • 1/2 cup black beans
  • 1 corn tortilla
  • 2 tablespoons pica de gallo
I heated it in the microwave along with the shell and I could not stop myself from licking up every single little bit. Another accomplishment today...trying pico de gallo. I am going to make this again tomorrow dinner it was soooo good!







No comments :

Post a Comment