Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Ultimate Reset ~ Day 10

Happy Wednesday and day 10! That's RIGHT DAY 10! It feels good to be mid week of phase 2. I feel so much closer to completion. Chicago weather has been all over the place and today it is chilly and 50 degrees. I had to pull out my Ugg boots and a sweater to keep me warm. I have been cold this week and I am not sure if it is because of the chilly weather or because my body is riding of the toxins.


I am happy to report that I woke up again feeling refreshed and not sleepy at 6 am. This reset has been great because before I was dragging and could barely wake up at 7 am to get the kids ready. Now I ready to start the day. AND YES, I will be honest...I like hopping on the scale in the morning. I am down in weight again to 114.5. I won't let myself go lower than 110 as that is my normal pre-pregnancy weight. 
 And HELLO!!! Abs!!! Do you see the definition! I was so excited to see my side oblique. The sad part is it only took removing all the foods that I love (pizza and donuts!). 

I have had 4 babies. That's right, my stomach has stretched and been twisted to weird shapes I could only dream of 4 different times in 8 years. I have gained 30-40 pounds with each pregnancy and lose the weight each time. I wanted to share was what is left after you have 4 kids. I know it is not much but here is what a woman is left with after you have kids. I had a vision in my head that if I lost 5 pounds this would disappear. It doesn't! This was an eye opener for me. 

So if you see me in my bikini this summer at the pool with a little pooch when I bend over please remember that I have worked my butt off physically and have put 100% into this clean eating. As a Beachbody Coach sometimes I feel like people judge because I represent the product. What I represent is 100% effort and motivation! I hope I am inspiring you to help make positive changes in your life...one day at a time.

Anyways...on to my day!

Breakfast today is a blend of some avacado, chia seeds (both Beachbodys suggestion to help starve off my mid morning hungry feeling), fruit, water and ice. I like to drink my food. I know the point of the reset is to eat good, wholesome meals but today I needed to have my smoothie and pretend I am relaxing on the beach instead of home with 4 kids in this freezing IL weather. It smells good but it was warm tasting. I should have froze my fruit. I have the shake sitting in the freezer to try to make it "colder" before I leave for preschool drop off. Freezing it didn't help at all so next time I will use frozen fruit.  


The shake was blah and boring. It didn't really taste like anything. Creamy with not much taste. I didn't feel like eating so it was better than eating. At least I got my does or spinach, berries, watermelon, cantaloupe, avocado and chia seeds. 

I am meeting with my friend this morning who is considering becoming a Beachbody Coach. She has done the workout programs and looks fantastic!! Shot out to Colleen!! If you have any interest in what I do or have some fitness or health goals please connect with me so I can help you.

After meeting with her my crazy day of Doctor appointments begins. We have some well visits to attend to and will be at the hospital for most of the afternoon (it is so much easier to do a back to back appointment on the same day). So I have to be super prepared and bring everything I need.

I did some meal prep to make the day easier this morning while the kids ate (picked) at their breakfast and watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I am trying to re-create that garden veggie salad I had a Cheesecake Factory. I am also getting low on fridge supplies so it is a use up the fridge end of the week.

I took my supplements at 11:15 am while getting ready to pick up my daughter. Only did later on in my day did I realize I FORGOT my detox. OOPS. I reached out to the Beachbody experts and they advised to take the Detox two hours after dinner.
This salad was consumed in the car and was FANTASTIC. I loved it and could eat this the rest of the week. It was chopped carrots, tomato, green apple, romaine, endname, micro greens and some nuts. Fantastic!!!

A question I have been getting is can you workout while doing the reset. The answer is no to strenuous workouts; however, you can do yoga (not really my think), light walking (yup too cold here now) and stretching (does touching my toes and raising my arms in the morning count)? I am so busy during the day that I have not missed working out. The reason is because your body is going through some serious internal working out on its own and you don't want to mess with that. Another reason is the caloric level of the program is not enough to sustain you. With that said, yes people do workout and survive. Shawna, my sister who is doing the program with me, is a fitness instructor and has to teach a few days a week. Like everything in life you just do the best you can with what you can do.


At the hospital I took my 2 pm alkalinize and stayed hydrated.

After getting home from this crazy busy day I needed some Shakeology so 1/2 scoop of vegan chocolate and this mama was in heaven. I need to change my monthly home direct order from my usual greenberry to chocolate vegan because my hubby wouldn't love me if I start stealing his stash.

Because I had my snack so late at night 4:30 pm, I needed to wait 2 hours for dinner. I had a friend coming over tonight to talk about the reset (she is starting Monday) so that distracted me from food.

I made a dinner on the "reset in a crunch" menu. It stir fry garlic veggies, miso soup and a baked sweet potato. Great right...well except I forgot to take my supplements again. So I took my nightly soothe, optimize and a detox drink and waited the required 30 minutes to consume. Dinner was finally at 8:15 pm because I took my supplements at 7:45. 

It was a fantastic dinner. Very easy to make and tasted great. Baked potato went in the microwave, heated pre-made soup up and then I was left to try to learn how to do a stir fry (my 1st time ever). I had a garlic glove, carrots, orange bell pepper (I didn't have red like the recipe said), broccoli and cauliflower. I heated up extra virgin olive oil on the stove and then prepared all the veggies with some fresh lemon. Yum!



Another busy day is over! 

No comments :

Post a Comment