Wednesday, October 14, 2015

3-Day Refresh Day 3


Whoo-hoo Day 3 of the Beachbody 3-Day Refresh. Compared to when I first did this last year I killed it! I was successful because I followed the program completely to a T. I did not deviate even one bit not one morsel, sniff or taste. Nothing! 
I slept so good last night that I truly do feel refreshed. Today I have energy and feel great! I am not starving and am ready to tackle day 3.

Breakfast is surprise, surprise...my favorite Greenberry shakeology. I was so busy today I didn't get a chance to have my morning tea. That was okay as I just kept myself hydrated with water. 

Lunch was a spinach salad as my veggie option, strawberries as my fruit option and I tried dipping some of the spinach in the hummus as my healthy fat option (couldn't finish it all). Another Vanilla Fresh shake completed this meal:)
I wasn't digging the juice I picked up and I think it is because of the ginger. I ate my celery and carrots as my snack as I was supposed to.


Again no time for afternoon tea...darn!!! I was enjoying that but the day was just so crazy.

I was tired at dinner time so it was just time to get something on the table and be done with food for the night. I had the 6 oz of green beans with lemon and vegetable broth with seasonings. It was delicious and I could see myself having this for lunch post Refresh.

Here is what I realized while on the Refresh. I eat pretty darn good most of the time. My only downfalls are not eating enough veggies (that's easy to work on) and not eating so many sweets (alittle tougher but I'm figuring it out). 
Do I still want donuts? Hell yes! Will I go buy some! Yup (tomorrow morning, ok, yes, for real I am going to let myself have a treat)  ! But I am going to make sure I eat super duper healthy the rest of the day (post re-set). 

It is what you do on a daily basis that leads up to the way your body will look and feel. I workout everyday, eat 80% great and lead an extremely healthy lifestyle. In the grand scheme of things I am doing great! Can I do better? Yes, absolutely! I just have to use what I learned on the Refresh to help me. Here are my tips:

  • I liked starting the day off drinking water. I learned this on the Ultimate Reset but it is easy to fall into habits and get out of this routine.
  • I really liked the Vanilla Fresh shake. You can add the "guilt free" additives. My favorite was adding cinnamon and some pure vanilla. It was amazing! I really really enjoyed it. I would love to try it with peppermint which is another "guilt free" additive. I have an extra packet leftover from the first time I did failed the reset a year ago. I'll let you know how it is. 
  • Save your Vanilla Fresh shake for after your lunch and dinner. At first I made it at the same time. I realized in day 2 that I can make it right after my lunch and dinner. This made it feel like a treat.
  • Drink tons and tons of water!!
  • Fiber sweep...make sure you drink it right after you mix it. If you let it sit it gets clumpy and doesn't taste good. I also like to use a straw.
I made my favorite Fixate (Mexican) Chicken Tortilla Soup for tomorrow. I'm excited to have my lunch prepped and ready. d


Stay tuned for tomorrow to see what my final weigh in and measurements are!






No comments :

Post a Comment