Tuesday, October 27, 2015

T25 Day 2


I'm pumped because it's Day 2 of my T25 experiment! If you followed from yesterday you will know that I am doing T25 doubles (Alpha and Beta) for the next 25 days (1 day in).

I know that if I don't schedule my workouts they don't happen so I made sure that I scheduled time for ME on my calendar. How many of you actually do that? It really helps!

First workout of the day is at 7:30 am when the kids get on the bus (bye kiddies! Mommy is off working on her fitness goals again:). I make my kids my reason NOT my excuse. If I can do it, so can you!!!


Be prepared there are burpees in Speed! I promise they get easier.

Today's first workout is Alpha Speed 1.0. What I like about this workout is that you do an intense move for probably about 30-60 seconds and then there is a stretch move. I was sweating and feeling great because I stretched better than I normally would have. The only bad thing about stretching is I am always reminded of my problem area...the home my 4 children grew and lived in for 10 months each. I hate that it fold over when I sit.

The soreness from Sunday's run is creeping in. I like that I am taking the time to stretch more. I'm tired but I know that moving around will make me feel better. And the weather here in Illinois is not great so I can't get in my daily walk or run outside. 


I always recommend taking some video of yourself when working out. I discovered I was actually doing this move wrong:) I was making it harder than I had to.

I haven't taken my before pictures for this experiment so I quickly did some bad photos in the mirror. I am going to have my daughter take some better ones tonight. In the meantime this at least shows what my core looks like at the starting point.


For the second workout of the day, Beta Speed 2.0, I did it when the kids were home from school and they loved it and joined in. I love making it a family affair!

They really should have named T25, Core 25 as Shaun T, the trainer is constantly saying, "tighten your core." I had to modify a bit as the arches in my feet were tingling during this workout (nothing new...I have this anytime I don't do a workout that is not running). All good!!!
I know I won't be able to do double workouts everyday as I have the Naperville 1/2 marathon coming up in two weeks and some other plans but I might as well try to do it as many days as I can before my crazy life kicks.

Catch ya tomorrow!!! xoxo Coach Kristina









No comments :

Post a Comment