Monday, October 12, 2015

3-Day Refresh Day 1

 Day 1

It's the first day of the Beachbody 3-Day Refresh. I am excited and mentally ready this round. I first tried this program when it initially came out and I bombed it! No, really! I didn't even make it 1 day last time!!!! I used to have two desserts a day (one after lunch and one after dinner, yes, seriously!) When starting a refresh you need to be ready to eat at certain times, drink enough water and not have anything you are used to on a daily basis. This time around it is game ON!

I haven't taken measurements or my weight in a LONG time. I just don't think it is important anymore. I use how I feel and my clothes as an indicator. But for the sake of the program I took them:

Day 1 measurements:
inner thigh 19.5
lower thigh 17
arm 10
belly button 29
biggest part of belly 33
weight 114.5


As you can see, I don't need to necessarily lose any weight. I do need to continue to work on my core and tightening up the stomach area. 

Upon waking, the program requires you to drink 8-12 oz of filtered water. I love the Contigo water bottles because they keep your water cold all night. Makes it much easier to start drinking water right when you wake up when it is already made for you.
Don't judge the morning shot! No hair or make up touched. All sleepiness natural!
An hour after waking it is breakfast. On the menu is Shakeology plus 1 fruit option from the list. I chose Greenberry Shakeology (you add 1 and 1/4 cup water) and ice if you want You also get a fruit option which you can eat or add to your shake. I added a small banana to my Shakeology rather than eating fruit. I normally have Shakeology for breakfast so this is not too different than what I would normally do. The only difference is I am not adding in tons of fruit like I would on a daily basis. This is a good reminder to me that I don't need to add in all the fruit. The shake tastes great just like I made it.

While on the Refresh you shouldn't do any demanding or strenuous exercise so I am looking for my programs that will help me clear my mind. Have you heard of Beachbody On Demand? You can do your workout from any place as long as you have a laptop or phone and internet connection. I was able to do Pilates in my bedroom while the kids happily played.

I visit the chiropractor once a week and today was my day for an adjustment. Crack, snap and pop! It's all about total body fitness.

At 9:30 am, I was ready for a cup of hot organic non sweetened tea. Silly as it is I usually dump tons of honey in and I was tempted to but I am so dedicated this time that I had it plain and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. And of course, this gave me some much needed book time.

The kids are all off school today so we took a nice walk admiring the Halloween decorations are neighbors have put up. When we got back it was time for my fiber sweep. I do not mind the fiber sweep at all! It tastes like lemonade to me so it is a treat.

There is a timing that needs to be done with your meals and snacks but this is all listed out in your program book along with a line item by line item that you can cross off as you go. I am still trying to use up things in my fridge so lunch was 2 cups spinach (my 1 veggie option), 12 strawberries (my fruit option) and a vanilla fresh shake. delicious and filling!



After a horrible Dr. visit with kids (and me!) getting our flu shots I remembered it was time for my afternoon snack of juice and a veggie. I had celery sticks in my fridge to use up so I decided to have those (2 medium ones). There is no way I am making juice so I found the best, wholesome version I could find (organic, non-GMO and no added sugar). It is a big 12 oz bottle so I measured and brought along 1 cup of it since I knew we would be at tumbling for the kids at that point.


I haven't really talked about water today because you are supposed to be drinking 1/2 your body weight in water. Let's just say I have been in the bathroom tinkling a lot! Water intake successful!

Dinner was 1 cup vegetable broth soup with the approved seasonings, a plate of veggies (I actually used up stuff in my fridge so I didn't waste anything) and my final vanilla fresh shake of the day. It was delicious! Absolutely delicious! And my stomach is only grumbling little bit out of hunger after dinner. I think this is where my nighttime snacking is probably in my muscle memory...My stomach is saying, "hey lady, where are your cookies?" Not for me belly!!!

 I had to laugh when I was drinking my dinner time vanilla fresh shake and my hubby pulled out his ice cream. Yup...this house is working on nutrition (well 1/2 of us!!!). How the heck does does my hubby get abs like his by just 30 minutes a day of working out and not focusing on nutrition. I am going to show you how you need to have both components!!!

Day 1 is in the can! It was a success and I love writing encouraging notes to my self to keep myself motivated!

No comments :

Post a Comment