Thursday, October 1, 2015

Hammer & Chisel Sneak Peek~ My Review

Last night I felt like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. Ever since it was announced that my two favorite trainers (sorry Shaun T. you didn't make my favorite list) were doing a program together, I had been eagerly awaiting the October 1st release date. And to top it off my kids all slept horrible last night (which meant I did too) because of sleepwalking and cold. 

 If you want to preview the program you need to be a Team Beachbody Club member as the official program won't be coming out until December (perfect to ask for as a gift for the holidays). I can help you sign up for a FREE 30 day trial if you want to check it out. If your interested visit my site at www.novakbefit.com or click FREE TRIAL ACCESS

My intention was to wake at 5:30 am and get going before my house woke up. I realized I came down with the horrible cold too and felt miserable. I knew I would have a kid free house in a few hours and would get a chance to do it later (sick or not I was pushing through). Boy am I glad I did!!!

When I finally had the kids off for playdates and school I started my workout with a windy, cold and fast paced 3.5 mile run. Nothing like sweating a cold out to make you feel better. I can't believe we are already in hat and glove weather in Chicago!!


Back home I was ready to dive into my sneak peek program so I logged on to www.teambeachbody.com and logged in. To access, click on programs, sneak peeks and then scroll down. I chose Autumn's Total Body Chisel today.
The running time of the workout was 36 minutes and equipment needed was a bench or ball and weights. Autumn was the only "trainer" featured in this particular workout.

I didn’t have the right HDMI cable today to attach my laptop to the tv so I just played the workout on my laptop. It was very easy to follow and the perfect pace. My biggest complaint about Body Beast (okay and I have complained about Sagi’s comments and how he only geared it to me) was how s.l.o.w. it was. This is the perfect Autumn pace. I didn’t feel too rushed and it moved quickly.

The warm up was about 5 minutes and one of the best warmups because it was a great stretch. I ran 3.5 miles at a brisk pace before doing this workout (and did a chest workout yesterday so I am slightly sore). 

I was expecting Sagi and Autumn to be working out together in the videos and in this particular one it was just her. I bet they will have some together when the full program is released (or at least this girl is hoping!).

We started with squats and I chose the same weight Autumn has (hey if I want to look like her I need to try little harder). I was pleasantly surprised she used 15 pounds…got this so far. Then we moved to bench press (same 15 pounds again) and finally to reverse grip row (yep 15 pounds again). We did 3 sets of these with 10 reps each. 

I used the stability ball for the bench press and it was little harder because you have to maintain your balance but added bonus is you work your booty! 

This workout focuses on building so your supposed to choose a heavy weight for you. Did you know if you use the exact same weight during your workouts you will plateau? So make sure you track your weights and challenge yourself!

Round 2 came pretty fast (okay after 3 sets of each of the moves it came). I like that there were not breaks in between the moves. If you do find you need a break, just hit pause.

Round 2 consisted of:
  • Lunges 10 on each side (Autumn used 15 pounds and so did I)
  • Incline Fly using the stability ball, here Autumn switched to lighter weights 10 pounds but I found I could still use 15 pounds.
  • lat pullover (same 15 pounds)
I had a bench but decided to use the ball for all these exercises.

Like Round 1, all these moves were repeated 3 times with 10 reps.

What I really liked was Autumn’s encouragement and coaching throughout the exercises. It wasn't annoying or distracting but just a good reminder on how if you want your body to get chiseled you need to work hard.

There is a short break after round 2. The video is very modern with one of the gals in the video updating her reps on her cellphone rather than pencil and paper. Makes me wonder if they will come out with an official rep tracker app similar to the 21 Day Fix app?

Round 3 was the final round before stretching. 
  • Step down with cross back…glad I have my Beachbody step bench here
  • incline curl working the biceps
  • bench dips 
STRETCH!!

My review...I really liked everything about this workout. I don't know enough about what the other workout days are or the meal plan yet but if this one workout is an indicator I would say I found my new perfect workout. I'm excited to try tomorrow's so stay tuned for another review.

If you would like to be added to my support group for this program please let me know!










No comments :

Post a Comment