Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Best (and a Don't) Sparkling Waters to Drink

My favorite place to shop is Costco. I don't have a Whole Foods close by and with the quantity of food/drinks my family drinks I need to buy in bulk. I was recently asked by a friend (hi there you, this is for you!) what I would recommend as far as an alternative to water. Disclaimer: I am NOT a certified in health or nutrition. I am just a mom who is concerned on what I am serving my kids and myself. I try to make the healthiest options available. Maybe someday I will get some fancy certifications but for now I am just reading labels and educating myself on different items in products.

So my friend, here are my top recommendations (and don't's) for you. Obviously the best choice is water but if you are looking for something else to sip at the pool or a party here are some choices I would try.

My top recommendation is good old fashioned water in a fruit infused cup with frozen fruit. Healthy, relatively inexpensive and good for you!


1. Kirland Brand Sparkling Water
THIS IS A DON'T! I don't like the amount of chemicals in the Kirland brand. I enlarged the ingredients for you to see.


 2. Bai 5 - I like that this is GMO free, vegan, kosher, 5 calories, low glycemic and lot's of flavors. The company totes it as a "healthy all natural drink." The product is sweetened with leaves from the Stevia plants. The website is http://www.drinkbai.com for my information. 

WINNER!!
3. IZZE - an ok alternative. Be cautious of the serving size in the bottle. One bottle has 4 servings and at about 120 per serving those calories will quickly add up. It even says not a low calorie item. I do like no added sugar or preservatives. 
4. WINNER for kids drinks
I was excited to personally find this new item. It is assorted lemonades from Apple & Eve which is an organic company. The drinks tasted really good! While it doesn't have "real juice" I like that it doesn't have many ingredients. I will gladly serve this to my kids as a fun alternative.

No comments :

Post a Comment