Friday, July 10, 2015

21 Day Fix~Day 5

Day 5, Friday, of the 21 Day Fix. Surviving the Monday-Friday week is actually the easiest part. Weekends are usually what is tough to stay on course. Parties, bbques, and more parties!

I have heard of different ways people "do the Fix":
1) Some truly stay dedicated to the 21 Days and don't cheat
2) Others do the Fix during the week and then go off the program during the weekend
3) Finally, some try to do the best they can over the weekend and have a cheat meal or two on occasion.

You need to do what works for you. Every person is different. 


Today's workout was Total Cardio Fix which is probably the hardest workout in the program. Burpbees, lunges, high knees, cross jacks...seriously I can't even remember what  else because my brain was not working at 6:30 am in the morning. Then my hubby and I went for a 3 mile run afterwards. So that is where I wonder what is the proper calorie bracket? I wish the Fix would have accounted for the fact that people probably do more exercise than just the fix so we could make proper adjustments to calories and containers instead of just guessing.

Which leads me to my expectation when I received my fix package. I pulled out these containers and my first thought was seriously, "where are the real containers?" These were a joke?! Where was I really supposed to put my food? They look very little...especially when you realize that the yellow is carbs (bread, pasta, sweet potatoes). All those yummy things that I probably had way too much of before I started measuring out my food. 

The fix has helped me with portion control and even when I am not on the fix I am still thinking in terms of container size. And the containers are not as little as I originally thought.

Today is a perfect example of why you need to plan ahead. I normally have my meals planned out for the day ahead of time. Today I decided to just wing it and see what happens.

Breakfast:

  • 1 yellow (oatmeal)
  • .5 purple (strawberries) 
After my run and workout I thought I needed to fuel up. Great, until lunch came...

Hubby is home and wanted to make him a nice homemade lunch. Boiled some organic pasta noodles, steamed zucchini fresh from the garden, chopped up chicken from the crockpot leftovers and used my favorite GMO and sugar free, organic sauce from Costco.

Lunch:

  • 1 yellow (pasta)
  • some red (chicken)
  • 1 green (zucchini & pasta sauce)
If I had known I was having pasta for lunch I would not have had oatmeal for breakfast. This has been great because now I know that I maybe have been having too many carbs...possibly...or possibly not. Remember all the running I do.

My snack was the first smart snack I think I have prepared all week. Around 3 pm, I seriously have insane munchies! So I am making a chocolate vegan Shakeology with a banana (small of course) and some frozen strawberries for my afternoon indulgence. Tastes leave heaven but healthy and so good for me because it is packed with veggies, vitamins and nutrients. I made it thicker today so it reminded me of ice cream consistency. 

The Fix has been hard mentally to wrap my head around. It really is like eating normal food that you eat in every day life much different than the Ultimate Reset which is so fresh in my head. On the reset, you are eating mainly fruits and veggies. On the Fix it is every day food with proper portions. It doesn't feel very healthy to me after doing the reset. 

Did you know there is even a restaurant guide for eating out on the Fix?

According to the "bible" a cheese pizza is 1 yellow and 1 orange. You are supposed to eat 1/4 of 12" pizza to equal those containers. I was talking to my husband about what 1/4 of a 16" pizza is and I definitely over ate. If you are seriously doing the fix don't even bother eating out. Just eat your meals at home. I can't believe someone can seriously stop at a sliver of a pizza.

I had pizza tonight when we had family over for dinner. Which again leads me to too many yellow containers in one day. So lesson learned...if your having pizza for dinner don't have pasta for lunch and don't have oatmeal for breakfast! Plan ahead!

Have a great weekend everyone! Stay on course and stay healthy.




No comments :

Post a Comment