Sunday, July 12, 2015

21 Day Fix~Day 6

Day 6 is the weekend, Saturday, which falls on a day which I am supposed to do my long run of 7 miles (which was a fantastic long run and felt great). I don't want to over do it so I am going to push Dirty 30 off to Sunday and just focus on my run today. Sunday (Day 7's workout) is yoga so that will be the perfect two workouts to do to end my week.

Remember I am training for a 1/2 marathon so it is more important for me to keep safely build my miles so I can keep training efficiently and in a way to stay injury free (fingers crossed)! 

I get a lot of questions on my favorite running shoes. I have tried Nikes, Brooks, New Balance but my absolute favorite, favorite, favorite shoe is the Asiac Gel Nimbus model 20. Asiac already came out with a newer model but since this has been a great shoe for me I ordered two more pairs of model 20 off of Amazon (Zappos was already out of them). I also like socks that I found at the Running Dog store called Dry Max. They grip in my shoes just right so they don't slip. I am a size 8.5 (with my podiatrist made inserts) and I wear a size medium sock. They are amazing!!!

I am not tracking containers today. I have a busy family today with a memorial for the passing of my husband's Grandpa. I am just going to mentally track them in my head. I have a good enough focus on what I need to eat to stay on track and can do it. Breakfast and lunch will be at home. They will be healthy choices and meals I have already eaten before so don't worry! Your not missing any exciting recipes.

NOTE: I did go off course...I figured it wouldn't hurt...the only thing it hurt was my stomach. And, I missed drinking my Shakeology! I am going to start having it for breakfast on the weekends so I start my day off right as that seems to be the days I get hung up.

No comments :

Post a Comment