Wednesday, July 8, 2015

21 Day Fix~Day 3

Day 3 of the 21 Day Fix and today's workout is lower fix and 10 minute abs. This lower fix workout is no joke! I complained that the upper fix was easy yesterday and today I paid for my comments because I was huffing and puffing while doing side lunges, lunges, squats, sumo squats, calf raises and much more! I bet I will feel the burn tomorrow. Make sure you look for the 10 minute ab workout that is on both of the 2 discs. This is a quick and effective ab workout that will leave your abs burning! 

I am definitely not a cook by nature, but I do like trying healthy pancakes. My first stint with the a variation of these pancakes were a disaster. This is a different recipe and I found that Autumn (see below) even has a You Tube video so you have step by step instructions. You can't mess it up!! Well maybe, I can...

Breakfast (around 8:30 am):

Recipe: Oat and Cashew Hotcakes
  • 1 yellow (2 hotcakes)
  • .5 purple (fruit)...whoops I ate 1 purple a whole purple cup

While these did not taste like buttermilk pancakes, they actually tasted good and this will be something I would continue to make. The kids were torn....two loved them and two didn't think they had a lot of taste.

Here is a video of Autumn showing the cooking instructions. This recipe is from the 21 Day Extreme Meal Plan:
I was lucky because I got to squeeze in two miles of sprints (about 20 minutes of running) today to work on my speed work while the kids were in a morning tumbling class. This was not MY plan, I was just going to jog 3 miles but this creeper (enter creepy guy on a bike on the path I was on) and my female gut said stay away from him. Men, if you see a woman runner don't do the exact path they are. Seriously, this guy was looping around the same way I was and just gave me the creepies.

I drank water in between my run and lunch (run was around 11 am).

Lunch (around noon):


Another one of my favorite time saving tips is to pop some protein (my favorite is organic chicken) in the crockpot in the morning when I wake up. About 3-4 hours later on high my chicken is ready for my salad. Today's recipe was:

Crockpot chicken:

  • himalayan salt
  • garlic garlic 
  • Lemon juice
My salad:
  • 1 green (baby spinach)
  • .5 purple (strawberries)
  • 1 orange (walnuts for salad)
  • 1 red (chicken)
I frequently take my lunch on the go so I use my handy pack it (ice built inside and you just keep in the freezer) and my containers I ordered from Amazon to transport my lunch. Looks like take out but tastes so healthy!

My sister and I love grocery shopping together (yes, where else but Costco). I cannot tell you how many dirty looks I get when people think these are all my kids. Seriously people, what if they were all my kids!! I literally heard one woman say I had too many kids (lady, they are not all my kids lol!!!).



Dinner (early tonight, at 3:30 pm, as I didn't get an afternoon snack as we were too busy and have an even busier night with kids activities):
  • 1 red (chicken sausage)
  • 1 green (mixed veggies)
  • 1 yellow (sweet potato)
  • 1 purple (peach)


Snack (my original plan was to have this after softball but I was still hungry after dinner so I made this around 4:40 pm before we headed out to to softball and play practice):
  • 1 red (chocolate vegan Shakeology)
  • 1 purple (frozen fruit)
8:00 pm
After all the kid activities, I am seriously ready for a second dinner. I planned a snack of a green container, green beans and I am not sure what container my other snack of a zucchini carrot muffin falls under (not approved lol, I did not count this as any container, it is only a 100 so calories). 















My favorite tip for incorporating veggies in your diet is to buy frozen bags of organic veggies from Costco and pop them in the microwave with water to steam for a few minutes. Fast and easy and the next best thing to buying raw (my problem is that if I buy raw I don't use it and it goes to waste).

I love these Garden Lite muffins (again from Costco where I do 90% of my grocery shopping). It tastes just like a brownie but is gluten and dairy free and 100% yummy!!!

Hope you enjoyed day 3! As you can see from the app I am still following the 1,200-1,500 calorie bracket. I didn't increase calories today but I had 1 red that I didn't use (protein) and ate 1 too many purple (fruit) containers. The goal is to eat to satisfy your hunger but not eat out of habit or boredom. 

Let me know if you enjoy following me!

No comments :

Post a Comment