Monday, July 20, 2015

21 Day Fix~Day 15


Last week I crushed the workouts! The meal plan well, truthfully, not so much. I spent some time thinking about why I was not successful and it is not my evil sweet tooth that was causing the problem. Here is what I came up with. I fall in between the calorie containers and was not get enough calories. So this week, I am upping all my container allotments to the next level and will try and see if that makes a difference.

The workout today was Total Body Cardio Fix. I think I stalled for a about 30 minutes before I said just do it. I was really not in the mood but I knew I would feel better when I was finished and I did! 

Breakfast:
  • 2 eggs (1 red)
  • 2 pieces of whole grain toast (2 yellows)
  • 1 sausage (1 red)
  • 1 blue (cheese)

I actually stepped away from my plate at one point and my son finished it! I had the majority of it so I can't say I need more breakfast.

My awesome little sister Shawna surprised me with some goodies from Summit as an early Birthday present for me! I say Happy Birthday to me!!!! I got so many awesome treats. I LOVE my new shirt. Isn't it cute?? You will see me sporting this around all fall. And she even surprised me with the new Fixate cookbook and Shakeology Boosts. I felt like one of Oprah's guests who won all the prizes!


I was really fun from breakfast and took a nice 2 mile walk with my 3 year old in the stroller so lunch was not until 1:00 pm. I was hot and just wanted something fast so lunch was Shakeology:

  • Greenberry Shakeology (1 red)
  • 1 banana (1 purple)
  • frozen strawberries (1 purple)
  • lot's of ice
  • scoop of fiber
  • scoop of new Shakeology boost Power Greens
    • (embarrassing note...the extra fiber and power greens made me gassy and hurt my stomach little. Next time I would start with a smaller amount and work my way up).
The amazing part is I just got some extra greens in my diet and it didn't alter the taste of the Shakeology!!! I made my shake really icy and thick today. It hit the spot.

As usual, I am hungry a few hours later (and this is when making chocolate chip cookies is so tempting) so rather than making those chocolate chip cookies, I resisted the urge and made a healthy salad with fruit and veggies:
  • spinach (1 green)
  • carrots (1 green)
  • berries (1 purple)
Spoon:
  • scoop peanut butter (spoon)
  • a few chocolate chips (didn't count)
Dinner:
  • crockpot cooked chicken (1 red)
  • green beans (1 green)
  • corn bread (1 yellow...yes I may have went over in my container portion which is not pictured)
As my pennant we went on another 2 mile walk to burn off the extra cornbread:)

By increasing my containers I wasn't hungry, didn't go overboard on anything and still had some containers left. I think I found a good mix of how to help make sure I get enough calories and good, healthy food. 

Any program or meal plan you start has to work for you. If you don't it will just work against you. With my training for the 1/2 marathon I knew I needed extra calories and I didn't want them to be 1,000 extra calories of chocolate or goodies. 

I hope you enjoyed day 15 of the 21 Day Fix!

No comments :

Post a Comment