Thursday, July 2, 2015

21 Day Fix~Calorie Chart

1) Figure out your calorie level
You lose weight by maintaining a calorie deficit. To figure out what that number should, here's a little easy math (all courtesy of the 21 Day Fix eating plan booklet you received, page 4):

A. Your Current Weight in Pounds x 11=you caloric baseline
B. Your Caloric Baseline + 400 (Fix Calorie Burn)=your caloric needs
C. Your Caloric Needs-750 (Caloric Deficit)=Your caloric target

I have found from experience that this is not an exact science. Sometimes your body needs to adjust to a lesser amount of calories than you are used to. Prior to doing the Fix I was accustomed to eating about 2,500 calories. When I went to 1,200 calories I was famished. I have four kids and a fast metabolism. With my active lifestyle I need to play around with the containers and calories so it doesn't cause me to have too much of a deficit. 

After you figure out your calorie level you then pick the the calorie container group you fall into. I am going to start with the 1,500-1,799 calorie group. My intent is not to lose weight (I weight a healthy 115) but to improve eating habits, drink more water and feel healthy. 

No comments :

Post a Comment