Tuesday, July 7, 2015

21 Day Fix ~ Day 2

Day 2 of the 21 Day Fix and this is a piece of cake (not literally of course). This is so much easier than my first time around last year and even easier than the Ultimate Reset.

Another super busy day (isn't everyday like that for me). I want to get my Upper Fix in early and have everything ready so the kids can be sleeping again and I can work out before they even crawl out of bed. It is important for me to be the first face they see when they wake up as I treasure the small things in life with them. I belonged to a gym in the past and while I loved the experience of it I didn't like that it consumed two hours of my time so 30 minute workouts rock for me! 

Today I woke up with a scratchy throat and itchy eyes (allergies?) and wanted to crawl back in bed on this rainy bed with my book. But I got up and did the Upper Fix. This workout was slightly disappointing for me because after just coming off the Body Beast program I really was working my arms. What I liked was the forearm planks, push ups, lat pull overs, and front raises. What I felt was missing was bicep and tricep work. Seriously, note to Autumn (trainer in the video) our bat wings are not going to just disappear without working them. But I will stay true to this program and not run downstairs for a second workout to sneak in Body Beast arms (still my favorite Sagi!). I liked the ab exercises (scissor kicks and ab circles) but I would have added more ab exercises and skipped those in the upper body workout portion of the program.

I feel fantastic and down 2 pounds after eating healthy and detoxing from 4th of July garbage. I wonder if it has to do with drinking the proper amount of water? I started this day again with lots of water so I am feeling very hydrated.

Breakfast:

  • 1 yellow (oatmeal)
  • .5 purple (blueberries)
Lunch:
  • 1 green (baby spinach)
  • 1 blue (mozarella cheese)
  • 1 orange (pumpkin seeds)
  • 1 red (hard boiled egg)
  • .5 purple (raspberries fresh from my garden)

I don't use dressing so I like a fruit to sweeten up the salad.

Snack:
  • 1 red (Greenberry Shakeology)
  • 1 purple (frozen fruit for shake)


Dinner:
  • 1 red (6 slices turkey)
  • 1 yellow (sandwich thins)
  • 1 green (raw carrots)
*This was not the dinner I had planned. I realized I didn't have time to come home in between activities so I had to make stuff to grab and go...for me and the kids!! No drive thru's for us.

Snack:
  • 1 green (green beans and carrots)
  • .5 purple (1/2 peach)...whoops, I realized I ate a whole one. I am .5 over on fruit not reflected on the app below.
 I am down 2 pounds today, had a great workout, drank lots of water and ate all my proper containers of food. Success for day 2!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment