Monday, July 6, 2015

21 Day Fix~Day 1

Day 1 of the 21 Day Fix! I forgot how much I enjoy a workout I can do from my living room (with my headphones on, music blaring and kids fast asleep). There are 6 workouts with the basic program. Today's is Total Body Cardio Fix which combines surrenders, wood choppers, ab work and much more! I felt very strong and handled the workout with no problem. I even made it a point to stretch and cool down at the end. I am the worst offender with not leaving the last 5 minutes of a workout on and skipping the cool down. Not for this program! I am committed to doing it all! 

I am making it a point to drink 20 oz of water before I eat (and I am still taking my ultimate reset supplements so I had my pills of optimize). When it came time for breakfast (after kids were all dressed and their breakfast made), I almost forget what I wanted to eat for breakfast. We had to leave for a weekly chiropractor maintenance visit in 20 minutes and I was so grateful I had prepped breakfast yesterday (and forgot about it). I had made egg muffins with tomatoes and a teeny bit of cheese. Then I added a green container of baby spinach. It was delicious and completely filling. What saved me was having the eggs made ahead of time. 
Breakfast
  • 1/2 red (egg)
  • 1 purple (peach)
  • 1 green (baby spinach)
With 4 kids, I am always on the go. Today was no exception. Since I knew I was eating lunch later I made Shakeology around 11 am for my snack.
Snack 1:
  • 1 red (Shakeology - chocolate vegan)
  • 1 purple (small banana and a few frozen strawberries
  • ice, water and blend
Of course on the day I begin the 21 Day Fix and the meal plan I have a birthday party for my niece. So I am packing my containers with me and will just see what is available as far as healthy options. My sister is pretty good about having healthy meals available so I will just stuff my containers full of the fare and enjoy! This meal plan is definitely less restrictive than the Ultimate Reset so I don’t worry that I won’t be to eat. 

I am especially proud of my food today! Tons of water was consumed. Probably the best since I ended the Ultimate Reset.

This day really showed me that I was overeating this last month. How easy it is to break good habits and pick up bad ones again. Nothing like taking charge and making myself the healthiest version of me!!

At the birthday party today I managed to make healthy choices. If the party was a day before, I would have added a pop, chips, dessert and double the sandwich to my plate. Probably would have skipped the veggies too. I am not a huge fan of raw veggies so I just grabbed a bowl and water from the host (my sister lol) and steamed my broccoli. Delicious!! 
Lunch:
  • 2 yellow (the sandwich roll)
  • 1 red (turkey)
  • 1.5 green (carrots, lettuce for the sandwich and broccoli)
When everyone was enjoying cake and cupcakes I needed something so I chose to steam more broccoli with cheese and it was fantastic! Honestly, better than cake!!
Snack 2

My hubby and I added in a 3 mile 10 minute pace extremely easy (but very hot and humid and yes drenched in sweat run) because we are training for the 1/2 marathon while our daughter was at play practice and kids had a sleepover at Grandma's.

I was not hungry at all except for around dinner. We weren't prepared since we were gone all day and I wanted to wait till we got home so we could cook our own food.

I am surprised how much protein we are supposed to eat according to the instructions. I definitely don't consume this much protein regularly.

Veggies!!! Learning to love them was the best thing I could do for my body. Some my activity level is pretty high and I am doing two workouts most days I am increasing my containers as appropriate. Don't worry, that doesn't mean I get an extra yellow. It will be veggies and appropriate calories.
Dinner:
  • 2 cups green (baby spinach and romaine lettuce)
  • .5 purple (fresh raspberries and strawberries from my garden and some organic blueberries)
  • 1 orange (pumpkin seeds)
  • 1 red (natural turkey slices)
This was the recipe from Pinterest that I was most excited to try. I have to admit I kinda eye balled it and was not exact tonight. I don't even know if I marked the containers right on the app but they taste just like a Rocky Mountain taffy apple and hit the spot after dinner. It is a small apple, some pecans, some chocolate chips and shredded coconut. This was a good treat after indulging too much over the weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed it and this will be a regular treat!!
How many of you have seen the FREE 21 Day Fix app? Actually am a huge fan after only using for one day. No more scratch pieces of paper trying to remember how many containers I used for a meal. Genius!!!
I used it with my iPhone and it was very simple to use.

I was debating which calorie category I was in. This showed me that tomorrow I need to bump up to the 1,500 calorie one (according to my weight I should be 1,200-1,500). I need slightly more and the app doesn't account for the extra exercise I do so I will manually adjust the color containers tomorrow on the app.


No comments :

Post a Comment