Tuesday, July 21, 2015

21 Day Fix~Day 16

Why are all good foods in yellow containers? Seriously, I wanted chocolate chip pancakes and sausage but opted for oatmeal (which is getting boring too). I wanted to save my fruit containers for later so I used the smallest amount of fruit to jazz up my oatmeal. Done and eaten but not exciting. 

Breakfast:
  • oatmeal (1 yellow)
  • raspberries (.5 purple)
Workout today is Upper Fix and a 3 mile run. Bad news is I have to run at 9:00 while it is hot out and I am so not a fan of running in the heat. AND I have to push my 3 year old in the running stroller. So 80 degree heat, beating sun and an extra 40 pounds to push makes for a slow run and my legs feel like lead. I always figure it is better than not doing it at all. After a quick trip to the park for my little participant we come home to pound out Upper Fix. I went heavier in weights today and my arms felt it!

Of course now that it is done it is 11:00 am and I am starving. Decisions, decisions...I went with a 1/2 egg sandwich. I have to leave in an hour to pick up kids from camp and want to make my Shakeology before tball (don't you get tired just listening to the running around I do) so I don't want to be too full.

Snack:

  • 1 egg (.5 red)
  • 1 piece whole grain toast (1 yellow)
  • 1 piece cheese (1 blue)
  • 1 sausage (1 red)
Today was my first day adding Shakeology Boost Energy Focus to my Shakeology. I have to admit I am the biggest skeptic of these type of products. I like that it is all natural and no artificial ingredients. The claim is to enhance my Shakeology by help supporting mental clarity and focus (and with 4 kids I could use all the help I can get). I don't drink cofffee or tea ever (and I try not to drink pop) so I decided to try this in my Shakeology today when I made it at noon and was super sleepy and ready for a nap. I thought if there was ever a time I could use it than today was the day. We worked out this morning, picked up kids from camp and then was off to t-ball (and much much more).

Watch this video on WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DRINK ENERGY FOCUS...AGH!!
Hope you enjoyed the laugh. The kids thought I was hilarious and that is not going to happen very often as they become teenagers. I am starting to embarrass them alittle. 
I am serious, I will NEVER EVER (reminds me of Taylor Swift getting back together...) recommend a product that I don't absolutely love. One of my flaws (or some people like this about me) is that I tell the truth to an honest fault. I felt fantastic after drinking this. I really didn't think about it but then I remembered shoot I hope I don't get a funny feeling or jittery. I promise I did not! I lost my tired feeling, felt great during t-ball practice, had a trip to the pool for a few hours with the kids and then we were off to ballet and dance classes for my 3 girls. Also, I didn't get a weird feeling when it wore off either. Some people ask how the heck I organize to be gone all day? That is a different post for a different day so stay tuned.

Late afternoon snack (around 4) was this delicious salad I put together this morning. I was so happy I had this because there were tons of restaurants that were calling my name (pizza, chocolate chip cookies...no Kristina. STOP!! No cookies).
After all the kids activities and being gone all day I didn't have any desire to cook anything that took longer than 30 minutes. I threw a sweet potato in the microwave, organic chicken in the oven and green beans to steam. Fast, quick and easy and had kids (the little ones) in bed by 6:30 (my daily goal!)

Dinner:
  • sweet potato (1 yellow)
  • chicken (1 red)
  • green beans (1 green)

This was an extremely successful day for me. I am shutting down the food factory here at 6:45 pm and didn't eat any junk! Whoo-whoo!!


No comments :

Post a Comment