Monday, July 13, 2015

21 Day Fix~Day 8

21 Day Fix~Day 8

Monday is the best chance to get back on course with your fitness program, after a weekend of parties, get togethers and fun in the sun. Also a great chance to rebound bad  eating the weekend may have brought.  

I usually jump out of bed and am ready to go but I started my day with staying in bed with a huge thunderstorm and snuggling with my kids. When we finally crawled out I went for an easy 30 minute run to get back in the swing of things. I planned on doing the Monday workout Total Body Cardio Fix but the day got away with me with busy kid activities. Tomorrow I promise I will get up do my two workouts (Monday and Tuesday), shower and then get on for another busy busy busy day.

My accountability group is a huge reason I stay committed to my fitness goals. I have a small group of people that are working through a program they purchased through me and I am there to provide them with motivation and accountability. 

I want you to think of how many programs you have purchased and that are sitting collecting dust in your entertainment system. How many have you not even opened? That is where I come in and try to help you so you don't fall true to the statistic of the 80% of people who quit within 3 weeks of starting a program. I try to help you not make that happen!!

On to my eating. Today's experiment was to try to eat within the container guidelines but to also eat normal and see what happens. 

Breakfast~

  • (red) Greenberry Shakeology 
  • (purple) with a small banana, a few frozen strawberries and a few pineapple
Lunch~
  • (green) spinach 
  • (.5 purple) strawberries
  • a few almonds and cranberries...I don't count these as anything since I don't use dressing
  • Note: I would have topped with chicken but I didn't have made. Trying to get my butt in gear now that a busy weekend is over. Laundry, bills, etc!


Dinner~

I didn't feel prepared so I was just scraping by with what I had in my freezer or fridge. Dinner is where I truly lack creativity and have a hard time coming up with ideas.

  • (yellow) edamame
    • I am seriously at a loss at why these are a yellow container and not a green. You buy them in the veggie aisle?
  • (yellow) natural pizzas (no cheese). I chose the veggie pizza and didn't eat the crust. My serving looks bigger than it is but it was really small. I think I did a good job staying within the "guidelines" of the book.
  • (green) mixed veggies
I am starving today. I think after eating whatever I wanted really over the weekend I let my stomach get used to enjoying larger portions again. Good news is I am really hydrated and have drank tons of water. 

Tonight is my daughter's end of the season softball party at Oberweis. Rather than getting the normal Banana Royal I normally get I chose to share with my 3 year old who did a great job eating it so Mommy didn't eat as much as I normally would!

In reviewing my containers I did not eat "enough" today. Here is what I have left:

  • 1 green
  • .05 purple
  • 3 red
  • -1 yellow (honestly probably -3 yellow if you could the ice cream)
  • 1 blue 
  • 1 orange
So it appears I did not eat enough today but it was eye opening to see how I do when I don't plan it out. The reason I was starving was because I could have had more food. Just honestly too much to do more than I did.

Until tomorrow xoxo





No comments :

Post a Comment