Wednesday, July 22, 2015

21 Day Fix~Day 17

Most of the time I like to put my Beachbody workouts on mute (sorry celebrity trainers I don't listen to you); however, there is one trainer I actually really enjoy listening to. It is Autumn Calabrese creator of the 21 Day Fix. 

She has such motivating and positive comments you cannot help but try a little harder and I cannot help but feel great about yourself. I like her comment, "change nothing and nothing changes." Ugh, just when I need some extra motivation to work harder on my healthy eating. I am so dying to make something "bad" for me. I keep repeating this in my head. And having to get in a bikini at the pool helps too! Thank goodness for summer weather!
So we are on Day 17 of the 21 Day Fix. If you have to pick between working out or eating healthy I am going to have to say eating healthy is more important. A few years ago I would have been the first to choice the opposite. 

Another favorite of mine that Autumn say's is "the only person you are cheating is yourself." Sad but true! So I guess I will hold off on making the blueberry muffins and brownies I am craving.

I love days when I can hop out of bed and be ready to workout. Lower fix was done successfully by 8:00 am. Didn’t have the best breakfast today but it was a kid request. Chocolate chip Bisquick pancakes with sausage. I didn’t plan on counting containers today but let’s estimate 2 yellow and a 1 container for that indulgence. I tried to work it off with a 1.5 mile walk before my sister came. Since the weather was gorgeous we decided to hit the trails (really just the black paved path behind my house). We crushed an hour walk and got caught up. We love walking and talking!

When I needed to pick the kids up from camp, I was totally caught in a moment of weakness today. I knew I had a busy day but didn’t make sandwiches ahead of time. My plan was to stop at Subway to pick up lunch (groceries are getting low, darn kids eat everything in notime!). But I was being lazy and didn’t want to get out of the car with 4 kids (shame on me for being lazy) so (gasp) I let myself (no actually it was me that talked the kids into it) getting the fast food restaurant I always criticize the most. I will give you a clue, it has big yellow arches and starts with an M. I know I a shocked (gasp again) that I pulled through this drive thru.


=


Why can’t more “fast food” restaurants come up with healthier and easier food options for a mom on the go that doesn’t want to get her kids out of the car.

Okay, so it happened and I inhaled a quarter pounder meal complete with 2 chocolate chip cookies. Just so you know the damage I consumed, 410 calories for the burger and 350 for the fries. Plus I had the cookies (probably 400 calories) and some coke (maybe 150 calories). Kinda, no definitely gross for lunch. I roughly had 1,000 calories at lunch.

Here is what I DO consider a success. I will let you in on a little secret about me. When I pregnant with Kaitlyn the only thing I could eat without throwing up was McDonald's. I have no idea why (I was not health conscious then so if I knew what I knew now I could have made so many better choices. I am not saying every meal was McDonald's but I am telling you I didn't have a salad a day). What I am PROUD of is how far I have come and that McDonald's is a once in a blue moon occasion and not a weekly trip. Go Mommy!

Okay, calories are consumer and then off to library, voice lessons and the pool. EXCEPT…my stomach started gurgling, screaming at me, threatening to explode while yelling at me to shout what did I eat for lunch?? I think the kids felt little bit the same way because everyone had stomache aches (lesson learned at this point, should have skipped the arches). After a TMI bathroom break for me I could tell Tyler’s tummy was hurting too. As I am finished checking out library books little voice says, “I have something in my pants sticking out.” That is never a good thing to hear and I immediately knows what that means. So we rush to the bathroom, toss undies and thank the gods that we have bathing suits in the car to change into. We finally got time to enjoy the beautiful sunshine at the pool!
Dinner was Shakeology with Power Green Boost to the rescue. I loaded it up tonight to try to erase the bad lunch choice. 

Dinner:
Shakeology (1 red)
Power Green Boost (1 scoop)
Pineapple (1 purple)
Banana (1 purple)
lots of ice

Not the worst eating day but not my greatest day. You are what you eat and today I was a spare tire. Will do better tomorrow!

I used Peapod tonight to order groceries for the weekend. They had a lot of great organic choices and I got all the ingredients (I hope) that I need to make a bunch of recipes from the new Fixate cookbook. I will let you know when I make them and how it goes.

No comments :

Post a Comment