Tuesday, October 13, 2015

3-Day Refresh Day 2




I had a crummy night sleep...I don't know if has to do with my flu shot, a little kid peeing in a bed or my body detoxing donuts and meat (yup, seriously). I was hungry when I went to bed and I stayed hungry. I know a key component was I could have drunk little bit more water. Remember, your supposed to drink 1/2 your body weight in water (in addition to all the green tea and shakes) which is a lot of liquid and I felt like I was floating away.

So here's to day 2! Believing in yourself is half the battle. I know I can do this and I can!

Okay, so day 2 definitely feels like groundhog day. Wake up in the morning, drink your 8-12 oz of water and then within an hour of waking start your day with breakfast of Shakeology and one fruit option (yes, I am a creature of habit and had Greenberry again, a small banana and ice). This morning I felt really lethargic and was zapped of energy which really isn't like me. I had zero motivation to do anything but got through the typical housework of laundry and bills. I made sure to have the organic green tea and fiber sweep at the required times. No problems with that. 

I was little scared of the fiber sweep before I purchased it and I am going to show you that it is no big deal to make or drink.

I went into the Refresh trying to use up frozen and fresh fruits and veggies I had in my fridge and freezer. But today the pickings in the fridge were kinda slim so before lunch I went to pick up a few things to get through the day. Word of advice! Don't go to the grocery store hungry. I know people always say that but today I got to witness that first hand. Everything looked good and called my name. I stayed so strong and walked out with a $33 grocery bill. You definitely save money when your not buying sweets you don't need:)

The refresh calls for healthy fats but I really don't like any of them or I mentally don't think I do. I may have been hungry on day 1 because I didn't have any. I'm supposed to be having two servings of these daily but I haven't had any. Today I am so hungry that I am going to try hummus for the first time EVER. I picked up an organic roasted red pepper hummus that I knew I could dip into red peppers for lunch. Mission accomplished!

Lunch was the veggie option (the red peppers), the fruit option (grapes), the healthy fat option (hummus) and the vanilla fresh shake.


✔tip 1: start your kids eating healthy food early! My second daughter loves veggies and hummus (I only tried it for the first time today)
✔tip 2: a serving of hummus is usually 1-2 tbsp. Don't be fooled thinking you can eat the whole container because it is healthy!

My afternoon snack was some organic green juice which was nasty and green beans (yum)! Capped off the late afternoon eating with a nice cup of tea which hit the spot on a cold day.

Tonights dinner is from the book:
  • 2 cups spinach/salad greens
  • 1/2 medium cucumber
  • 1/2 medium red pepper sliced
  • 1/4 cup broccoli
  • 1/2 medium tomato
  • 1 tbspn fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tsp raw pumpkin seeds
The only things I wouldn't normally eat is the cucumber or tomato. They honestly scare me. I will eat them though! So I'm waiting a little bit till I'm really hungry and then will give this a shot. I made my kids pasta for dinner (sigh:(). BUT dinner was surprisingly delicious. I can picture it with some mozzarella cheese and chicken. I could definitely eat this once a week and I know this could make my overall diet healthier just from this definition. I decided to save the Vanilla Fresh shake for after some evening yoga. I thought splitting it up would help with some evening hunger pains or cravings. It does!

Success is in the eye of the beholder and for me Day 2 was fantastic! I tried new things and didn't give in to anything.

Whose ready to rock the Refresh?
 






No comments :

Post a Comment