Sunday, May 31, 2015

Bullet List: 1/2 Marathon

BUCKET LIST #1

About a year ago, I made a bullet list of things I wanted to do before I turned 40 in my head. Of course, I didn't write them down and until they are actually written do I make a plan and really concur it. 

First item on the agenda is to do a 1/2 marathon. I decided on a local race because let's face it...with 4 kids picking up a race packet anywhere longer than 45 minutes away is almost not worth it for me. I think it was my lucky day and the stars were aligned because  the price increases as of tomorrow. So I quickly signed up and BUT not I signed up not only for one but two 1/2 marathon races. The Fox Valley (Geneva/St. Charles) and the Naperville 1/2 marathon were the races of choice for me for 2015. I don't know why I felt the need to do both of them but I really wanted to. I know they sell out so I didn't want to put off signing up.

Next on the agenda was scouring Pinterest to come up with the right training schedule. I have 16 weeks before the first race so plenty of time especially because I am already conditioned with my Beachbody programs and with the running I already do. 

Looking on Pinterest was not enough for. I needed to actually have an ACTION PLAN and to decide the number of miles I would run weekly and even more specifically what days I would run these miles. I get so easily get side tracked if I don't have it on my calendar. 

From all my research it looks like it is optimal to run 4 times a week. Easier said than done with all these kids that I have and a hubby who travels so I will be relying heavy on my schedule to make sure I train properly. I love the strength that Body Beast gives me so I am adding that into my schedule on my non-running days. Of course on my non-running days I will be doing walking with my kids.

I am one not to miss any attention to detail so I found that the local running stores have some organized runs to help make sure you are practicing the course and increasing your mileage. CHECK! These are on my calendar.
If you are interested in the full schedule (which is 16 weeks long) just connect with me and I will share with you. I will be adding in yoga and pilates too to help stretch out my muscles. 
I wanted to share my training schedule with you in case you are looking to tackle this too!

Stay tuned for updates on how my training goes and if I learn any tips to share.




No comments :

Post a Comment