Friday, May 22, 2015

Ultimate Reset ~ Day 19




I feel slightly sad that the Ultimate Reset is coming to an end. I liked taking my supplements & vitamins that were in the kit. I always look forward to what I have coming next but in this case I really don't have anything new after this program.


Some people asked me if I missed working out for the last three weeks. The answer is honestly NO. Ooops, I am serious. I haven't missed working out. To me, that means I needed a break. I work out so hard just taking care of my 4 kids and chasing after them that my body gets a workout without my programs. My sister was over the other day and she said, "you really don't sit for 5 minutes do you?"

Also, I have been so busy meal planning that I feel like that has become my side job. Either way, not missing my workouts or not I still have to get back and start up Body Beast again. 

The morning has gotten so easy for me. I start my day now ready to have a healthy breakfast and am satisfied till lunch time. I always try to pack my lunch ahead of time, even if I am making a salad so that way it is ready and I am not tempted. Because trust me I would be tempted. I feel like in these 20 something days I have gotten the first 1/2 of eating under control. I still feel like I need to work on my afternoon's/dinner/after dinner. That is what I am going to continue to refine with my accountability group that starts in June. 


It was a beautiful morning to start the day off with walking the kids to school so I took my supplements and drank water at 7:00 am and off we were at 7:30 am. Breakfast would wait till we returned from our walk. I am glad I waited because it was another fantastic light fruit breakfast. I was sad to see this was my last peach. I sure wish I had a place close by to pick up organic fruit. The Novak house went through 20 peaches this week! My kids LOVE fruit!!


I knew that I had some extra time today before my older kids came home from school so last night I made lunches for them and a salad for me. I wanted to make sure I ate enough veggies today so I made a romaine lettuce, green bean, edamame, carrots, green apples and a raw pumpkin seed salad. I have NOT missed having cheese or eggs on my salads. Today was a treat for me to today and I took the kids with me while I got a manicure and pedicure (something I don't get to indulge in as often as I would like). I purposely went around lunch time so they were content to eat while I got pampered. An hour later they were happy and so was I.



After some summer shopping for the kids we headed home for my 2:00 pm alkalinize drink. I will share my favorite tricks for enjoying the drink tomorrow so stay tuned!

I wanted a snack that was NOT on the reset today so I had a leftover cornmeal muffin (nah, it wasn't good, I won't choose that next time) and some strawberries with melted chocolate chips (much yummier).



One of my goals on the reset, and actually going forward, is to do a better job of using up all the food in my freezer and fridge before rushing off to the store to buy more. So tonight, while digging out leftovers from the week I found some things I needed to use up tonight:

  • ingredients for the root medley that I loved~ carrots, sweet potato & an onion. Easy to wash, chop up and then drizzle with some olive oil and put in the oven at 400 degrees for an hour
  • I bought two cartons of blueberries last weekend and they were about to start to turn. One of my goals is to try to reduce the baking that I do and when I do bake to make it a healthier version of what I previously made. To do this, I took my favorite homemade blueberry muffin recipe and made modifications. 
    • First, I cut the sugar way, way, way down! The recipe called for 1 cup. I barely used 1/4 cup.
    • I added a very ripe banana
    • Another addition was a high quality dark chocolate chips (in addition to the blueberry)
    • A sneaky addition that no one would notice was some chia seeds
    • all ingredients used were organic



The RESULTS were phenomenal!!! The kids raved about the muffins and I couldn't notice my swaps. My next switch is going to be to cut down on the flour. 


I have to say this was the first time I noticed a side effect of eating a non reset food. I immediately felt tired and got a headache. Hmmm, interesting, I wonder if it was the flour that did it? Stay tuned, as I will figure out the perfect "healthier" recipe for these!!!

Dinner was excellent!

My BIG success....tonight during dinner (Shawn was eating a similar plate to mine) Tyler said, "Daddy, can I have some of your noodles?" Mind you these noodles were GREEN THAT'S RIGHT GREEN!! Tyler does not eat green food. Well tonight ladies and gentleman, we conquered this and he ate a green food. Mind you, he ate green baby food all the time when he was young. Somewhere along the way he suddenly developed an aversion to anything that looked like a vegetable. This was a HUGE success because he said yum and asked me to make him his own bowl. The best part was these edamame noodles took 3 minutes to boil so I was able to whip this up faster than he could change his mind. 



















Enjoy the beautiful Memorial Day weekend and check back in for more fun tomorrow and Sunday! 


No comments :

Post a Comment