Friday, May 29, 2015

5 years Anniversary already!? Why I gave up my 6 figure salary & AVP position...

We all had lives before we had kids. Have you ever wondered how you end up somewhere? My journey to becoming a Health & Fitness Coach with Beachbody did not start as a lot of others do. The person who invited me to join, my sister, Shawna, was a Fitness Instructor and naturally fell into the position as many others do. I have never, and probably will never get up in front of a group of people and teach fitness. 

My story started after high school when I luckily got a job at Old Kent Bank as a teller (Customer Service Rep). This job was a real struggle for me. While I worked, I earned my Associate of Arts degree from College of DuPage and then with that degree checked off, I went to Elmhurst College and earned my Bachelors of Science degree with a major in Finance and a minor in Economics. Now, if you knew me as a child you could truthfully wonder how did I choose Finance & Economics to study? I could barely pass my math classes in high school (and earlier grades) because my brain was not wired to handle mathematics. I still wonder how I did so well in college. Actually I take that back. I did so well because I studied my butt off every free waking minute. 

I also took a chance at the same time and applied for a position in the Trust Department as an Assistant at Old Kent. I was so lucky I got that position and also was in a position to have 1/2 my college education paid for (another bonus...Old Kent was a fantastic company to work for). I worked about 25-40 hours a week during the day and took the majority of my classes in the evening. 

I felt like such a grown up during these years. My career had begun much earlier than that of my peers and I knew I had fell into my career. 

When I graduated from College I was given my first promotion, Assistant Trust Officer and assigned a book of business to handle as an Administrator. My hubby and I got married and were planning to have kids. Over the years, the companies I worked for changed (Old Kent became 5/3) and then after 10 years, I switched companies to National City, which was later bought out by PNC. I had my first baby in 2005 and my second in 2007. By the time I was 30 I was an an Assistant Vice President and was making over 6 figures. Not bad!! During that time my husband and I tried to create work/life balance by working from home and juggling kids. We did it for a number of years stressfully, I mean successfully.

My hubby and I both worked from home several days a week and handled conference calls with kids and tried too schedule projects around kids naps. My 2nd child was the easiest baby who loved to sit next to me while I worked and my oldest would pretend she was on a phone call and laptop too.


My hubby and I both came from big families and soon enough a 3rd baby was in the cards. I was still commuting into the city while pregnant and the long commute was tiring and hard. When she was born, I decided I was done. 
 I traded my CTFA (Certified Trust & Financial Advisor) certification, my fancy window office in Chicago, my "important title" and the $$$ I earned for full time diapering duty. I can honesty say I have not regretted it for one minute. My oldest was going to Kindergarten then and I wanted to not miss a moment. 
Fast forward to 2 years later and I was pregnant again, yes again!!
My 4th pregnancy in 8 years! And this time it was a BOY!! After my precious baby boy was born and I struggled to lose the extra weight I was holding onto, as well as my sanity, I decided to turn my love for exercise into my new career. I missed having goals and a "to do" list that didn't include wiping butts, tears and picking up the garbage. 

I joined Team Beachbody, as an Independent Team Beachbody Coach in April 2013. I first started to get the discount on Shakeology and quickly realized I could make a nice paycheck to supplement some of the costs of having 4 children by working this as a business. I am extremely organized, disciplined, committed, creative and love to help others do the same. 
With time and patience the weight was gone and a new career was created!!!

If you would like to consider this as part of your life...maybe you turned a path you didn't want to go on and need a change let me know and I would love to help you too!









No comments :

Post a Comment