Tuesday, May 26, 2015

POST RESET indulgences

When I finished the reset I had this great list of things I couldn't wait to eat again. LEARN FROM MY LESSONS!! Food doesn't taste as good anymore. 
I was practical the first morning after the reset and used the 21 Day Fix containers to make my morning oatmeal. I had one yellow container (oats) and 1/2 purple container to measure blueberries.
 One habit I will continue post reset is to have oatmeal a few times a week. But I also learned to like fruit for breakfast so I will interchangeably incorporate a fruit plate some mornings as well.

Lunch will continue to be a salad. I love using my 21 Day Fix green container to measure out my lettuce. For me it is easier than eye balling it.
 I used to load up my salads with tons of fruit and cheese. I eliminated my cheese habit on the reset and will NOT go back to putting cheese on my salad.
 I was craving the consistency of cake. I am not a big fan of cakes but I do like Costco's pound cake. To help prevent overheating I buy them and then wrap them in saran wrap and freeze them. All you have to do is defrost them and they are still so fresh and tasty.
 My sweet oldest daughter made me this fruit and chocolate chip creation. She knows I love dipping my fruit into chocolate. This is a low calorie way to satisfy a sweet tooth.
 It was a rainy Memorial Day weekend so we ended up seeing not ONE but TWO movies (Pitch Perfect 2 and Tomorrowland). To avoid getting some last minutes cravings from the candy counter I brought my own serving size of M&Ms. 
I had to share my husband's delicious meal he got from Egg Harbor Cafe. They have revamped their menu and they had so many items that I could have eaten while on the fix (darn it!! Wish I went during those weeks). He had a black bean wrap with avocado, lettuce and tomato. It was accompanied with fruit and sweet potatoes.
I certainly overate and felt too full over the weekend. Now that I gave in to the items I "thought I missed" I am now able to get back on track and eat clean and healthy again. 

I learned two things:
1) any items with sugar seems to give me an instant headache
2) don't eat red meat too soon after the reset! I had the worst stomach pains that night. I thought that since nothing was bothering me I could have a homemade hamburger. Boy I was mistaken!! I won't do that again.

I did have that donut I wanted. It was fresh and I just love the texture of it. I had one and stopped (miraculously) unlike the old me that had 3 previously.

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend!!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment