Saturday, May 2, 2015

My first 15K race~after 4 kids too!

On a whim I called my hubby and said I want to sign up for the Chicago Hot Chocolate 15K race. Can we/I do it? HE has to be supportive because I cannot just pick up and leave early in the morning. Someone needs to juggle wiping butts, noses and tears. Thankfully he says let's all go spend the night downtown in a hotel and cheer Mommy on!


I expected TONS of samples of chocolate at the expo. There were was not a lot at all. Boo!! Love this giant hot cocoa mug.
 My little pumpkins all bundled up to cheer Mommy on!

 Early morning and no one really slept good in the hotel...have you tried to sleep with 2 grown adults and 4 wiggly kids in two full size beds. Not comfy!
 Highlight of the race:
1. Kids cheering me (who cares if I helped them make the signs...they are adorable!)
2. Seeing a photo later of me on the big tv. I felt like a star when a friend texted me later on saying I was "famous."




This was my longest race post babies and I crushed it! I felt fantastic and slightly emotional when running because I know how hard it was to lose the 30-40 pounds after each pregnancy. It is not a cake walk (although I sure do like cake!). Not bad finishing results...not bad at all Momma!



No comments :

Post a Comment