Friday, May 15, 2015

Ultimate Reset ~ Day 12


Day 12 of the Beachbody Ultimate Reset! If you read Day 11's blog, you may have wondered what you do when the 21 days are up. Do you just go back to all your old habits? 

In my opinion, that would be a waste of your time and money. Why would you you have cleaned up your body to just put junk back in? And don't get me wrong...I can't wait to put junk back in. But I want to do it in a smart way.

My plan is to begin the maintenance kit and the phase out program. To do this, I ordered the above maintenance kit which includes one packet of alkalinize a day and 2 optimize pills per day. They have worked well for me so I will continue on these for a month while I slowly introduce foods back into my diet.



I am almost officially at the weight I was before kids. Today I weighed in at 113. I used to be about 110-112. If you think I have lost TOO much weight on the reset please remember this is the size my body had been at for years so it is very natural for me. I feel like I have my old (sans saggy parts that kids have done to me) body back.
I felt my best in week 1, full of prep and and energy for life. I loved that I wasn't sleepy. I felt satisfied with the food. I think my favorite breakfast was oatmeal with fruit, I am dreaming about that now. 

If my weight goes up after the reset so be it. I actually won't weigh myself as much after I am doing now. I merely have weighed my self daily to show you what could be achieved by what I was doing (cutting out all processed food and junk). I DO believe the supplements played a big part in balancing my internal body parts. I AM surprised that I was able to get rid of my belly bloat simply by cutting out the junk. Do I think it is worth it...lol...no, I still want junk. 

I will be starting back up the Beachbody program Body Beast because I liked the results of muscle definition I was seeing with that program and I have an accountability group waiting for me to jump back in. I know muscle weighs more than fat so I my weight will naturally go up. 

Today is a special day as my little girl graduates preschool. She will be going to Kindy next year! Before I started the reset my plan was to go to the pancake house for lunch. Obviously I needed to change my plans. In my life, I have revolved everything around food. I am working to change that. Little man looks excited about the day doesn't he?

7:00 am ~ supplements: 2 pills of optimize, 8 oz of mineralize and a packet of detox


Breakfast ~ another beautifully colored fruit plate with peaches, honeydew and strawberries. I am almost out of all my fruit so I am going to the grocery store tomorrow to stock up for the remainder of this week and next. 

Mid morning ~ cup of hot tea with honey (honey not on reset but my add in)

12:15 pm ~ detox drink, supplements and mineralize water. I notice I am not drinking as much water as I was. The reason is I am going to the bathroom every hour with the quantity of liquids I am consuming. 

1:00 ~ lunch is the typical green micro green veggie salad. I had some left from yesterday so I just added more romaine and it was ready to go for today. Easy! 

2:00 ~ supplement of alkalinize and 8 oz of water

3:00 ~ Made a FULL shakeology today. Again, note that the reset calls for 1/2 scoop of Shakeology. I was just curious to see how my body would handle a full scoop. I did not notice any difference. 

4:30 pm ~ evening supplements of 2 pills of soothe, 2 pills of optimize and 8 oz of mineralized water. DONE!

Now the FUN part! We went to my Mom and Dad's house for an evening of fun with the 10 grandkids, sisters and grandparents. Our plan is to start a summer tradition of picking a get together and planning it around a theme. Tonight was game night so we played games with the kids and it was fortunate enough that we could get in an evening stroll.

My Mom is very supportive of my goal to be organic and eat healthy and she made a trip to Whole Foods for dinner. THANK YOU MOM! She made tacos, watermelon and brownies (say what!!! MOM!). You might notice my squash sitting in the background. I brought the squash I tried to cook yesterday and put it back in the oven. Thank you Nicole for the suggestions on how to finish cooking. I also brought some of that famous quinoa-pilaf. 

NOW came the really thought part...Do I stick with what I brought? Or do I see how to handle the reset in real life? It really took some internal guilt and serious consideration but I decided to see how my body would handle some food I have been off for the last week. I even called my husband and asked him if he would think less of me. He reminded me I get to do what I want!



I tried squash for the first time and liked it! I want to learn how to make spaghetti squash, took a pile of quinoa, some watermelon, lettuce, tomatoes, a corn tortilla with a teeny dab of ground beef and cheese (probably not even enough to qualify as even a taco). 
In the past, I would have ate 3 of those and have been stuffed. Today I was great with just one and happy I added on the other items I was supposed to have. I even tried asparagus that my sister made. I liked her seasoning but just can't like the texture of asparagus. I tried!!!

Okay, now the part that I am not going to lie about. Seriously, I am honest about everything else, so why lie? My Mom made Giradelli brownies (not organic...full of chemicals). I smelled them the minute I walked in. I took a picture of what my portion size would have been prior to doing the reset. And if you really want me to be honest I probably would have had two of those. I took a portion of what I considered appropriate and ate it very slow and enjoyed it. 



My body does not hurt at all. The only thing I can say is I felt slightly sleepy but that could be because it was very warm in my parents house. After the walk I felt great. So happy I made the choices I did! 

I think the motto of this program should be this, "Some quit due to slow progress. Never grasping the fact that progress is progress." What a beautiful sentence and it applies to life, working out and eating healthy. This is something we all can remember.













1 comment :

  1. Love your daily updates. It takes commitment to do the 21 day reset but it also takes commitment to blog about it every day. Go you.

    ReplyDelete