Monday, May 11, 2015

Ultimate Rest ~ Day 8

Day 8

Today marks the start of Phase 2 for me. The biggest change is the Detox drink that you start drinking 3 times a day now. I wasn't sure how I would feel drinking it as I really don't like drinking anything other than water or a lemonade. To my surprise it is a lemony drink and it went down easy. It was little gritty and you could see the particles floating around. Everything in the packet is organic and so yummy for you (a few things are peppermint, chia seeds, garlic, lemon powder, flaxseed, etc).

When weighing myself this morning (come on you know it is addicting to see the number drop on the scale) I was pleasantly surprised to see my weight drop down to 115.8 (my scale gives exact numbers). This is a number I haven't seen since before kids so YES!!!

 Breakfast ~ I would love a bowl of oatmeal but you are eliminating grains in this phase so you either get a fruit plate or a bowl of mashed chickpeas (don't sound too appetizing but I will try this week). The fruit I picked was watermelon, a peach and strawberries. It tasted very sweet.

I was hungry around 11 am which is when I normally get full. I prepped while I drank my second of the third detox of the day and took my two optimize pills.

Lunch was something I was craving which is onions, sweet potatoes and a few carrots. The green was a leftover veggie mixture which I ended up dumping. I didn't really like not knowing what the "green" was. It was okay but not crazy about it (it was a leftover side veggie from the Cheesecake Factory).


Snack today will be a fresh ear of corn and a bowl of raspberries. The corn was so delicious and something I wouldn't have normally chosen. I bought a pack of corn already pealed and cooked from Whole Foods so I just had to heat it in the microwave for a minute. Easy and fast. Click here snacks for a complete list of optional week 2 snacks.


Shawna and I are meal prepping today! It makes it more fun for the cousins to get together and for us to figure out some of these new recipes together. We had 7 kids here while we were doing it and it was chaos! Kids were underfoot and they were sampling what we were making. It was awesome because these were items the kids probably normally wouldn't eat. 



Look at the beautiful assortment of veggies! Before the reset, I would not have had a clue on how to prepare half of these.

Below is the sweet potato & red pepper bisque soup:recipe for soup
Prep for hearty miso veggie soup
recipe for hearty veggie miso soup


both soups simmering on the stove


Before the reset, I don't know if I would have enjoyed this dinner. My tastebuds are changing and this was delicious. And so very nutritious!


On a side note, here is another yummy looking lunch for my daughter for tomorrow: lemon wafers (organic), homemade tuna, mandarin oranges, chips and black beans. I wish I had lunches like this as a kid!!


No comments :

Post a Comment