Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Ultimate Reset ~ Day 9

I woke up thinking this program really doesn't feel hard to me anymore. As the day went on I changed my thought because I hit a hungry point. The reason I thought it was easy is because I understand how and when to take the supplements. Since I am organized it is no big deal to just pack one more thing when going out for the day. Obviously it is a lot easier when I am home though! Today is a busy day including tumbling, a school class presentation and softball games. Piece of cake (whoops, no cake, how about cool as a carrot instead) right? NOPE!


While making the kids breakfast at 7:00 am, I took my normal Phase 2 supplements which include 2 capsules of optimize, 8 oz of water with 10 shakes of mineralize and my "lemonade" drink of Detox. I wanted to show the texture of the detox (see the grainy pieces. It doesn't bother me but I could see how some people could be turned off by it).

On a side note, I am so missing my Shakeology. I was so jealous today when my hubby prepared it before heading to work.

Breakfast for me was at 7:30 am and I prepared a fresh fruit plate of watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries and a NEW one for me...mango. I love mango smoothies; however, once it was cut up and on my plate I decided I couldn't eat it. The texture was throwing me off. I do understand why kids sometimes get sensory issues with food because as an adult I sometimes have them. 


So change of course, I took my mango, added 1 cup water and a handful of ice and blended it in my Blendtech smoothie. It was so much better that way. 

Kids had tumbling today with their cousins so Shawna and I had a chance to touch base in person. We both were very lightheaded and our stomachs were grumbling. This was the first time I can honestly say I needed food. My body must be adjusting to this new phase. I held strong, even when they pulled out munchins for the kids after the tumbling class. It was definitely hard to stay strong. 

As soon as I got home it was 11:30 am. I immediately took my afternoon supplements: 2 capsules of optimize, 10 shakes of mineralize in my 8 oz of water and my detox drink. Took these down and made the kids lunch. 

Lunch ~ my plan was a green salad with a bowl of hearty miso veggie soup. Lunch was not "by the book" but I am more flexible and as long as I am making good choices I am okay with my "version" of the program. For lunch, I had the soup which I planned, green beans (I always add almonds and cranberries, which is also my "version") and the quinoa pilaf. I also added in an apple and a spoon of organic peanut butter. Phase 2 calls for the elimination of nuts but I do not plan to completely eliminate these so if you are trying to do this 100% by the book do not follow my lead here. 

NOTE: I sent a message to the creators of the program to see if I can add in a morning snack.These said no but suggested the following:

  • increasing my morning breakfast portion (nope, can't do that, I felt full)
  • having a class of herbal organic tea mid morning (ok, I can do that)
  • including avocado or chia seeds to my breakfast (that is a good thought and I have all the ingredients on hand to blend my self a green breakfast drink tomorrow)

I had a plate with quinoa pilaf and green beans, a bowl of hearty veggie miso soup and an apple with peanut butter. Peanut butter is technically not allowed in phase 2 but I was so lightheaded that I needed the fat.


An observation for today...I felt extremely tired which is the biggest con I felt. The plus is my nails look fantastic and my skin looks very clear. It still might breakout this week as toxins might be releasing from my body. Today I also feel very foggy headed and just not on my A game mentally. I was playing a game with my 5 year old and I just couldn't concentrate.

Dinner ~ I am thinking corn and the sweet potato & red pepper soup might hit the spot. I was flipping through the dinners this week and I don't think I really prepared enough. I should have gotten a few more dinner things to try. 

I froze my butt off at the softball game. I came home needing something in my belly. Chocolate vegan Shakeology is allowed but in phase 2 or 3 it is only a 1/2 scoop. I blended that delicious mixture up in my blender with some water and ice and hmmmm. So good! I will be enjoying this for the next two weeks. 

No one likes to talk s***, but on the reset in phase 2 you are taking something called detox. Doesn't this have you wonder if you might spend more time in the bathroom? 

I read that in phase 2 you will send 30% of your day in the bathroom...uhm, say what? On phase 2 day 1, I had a normal poop:) yep, I said it, sorry for my family who get's so embarrassed. 

Now day 2 of phase 2, I went to the bathroom as normal in the morning and then again after the detox. My second and third detox did not produce any extra bathroom time, or code brown, as my kids like to call it. 

Signing off for day 9...ready to start day 10. Good night!















No comments :

Post a Comment