Thursday, May 28, 2015

What does this stay at home mom aka Beachbody Coach do all day?

Do you ever wish you were a fly on a wall so you can see how your life compares to someone else? That is one of the questions I get asked as a Beachbody Coach...how can I fit providing coaching and motivation to others when I am so busy with x, y and z. 

This Mama has 4 kids and a husband that travels for work. A good system and taking care of myself before I take care of others is what makes me stand above the crowd!

So here is your peek...I must warn you don't die of excitement lol:

The kids and I usually wake up (or are woken by a child singing or elephant feet walking around the upstairs). My rule is unless is it is Sleepy Saturday morning we all get dressed, brush our teeth, straighten our rooms and make beds before we come downstairs. It doesn't happen everytime but I like to stay in the habit. 

Every good day starts with breakfast! All my kids and I eat a healthy breakfast. I usually feed them around 7 am. While they eat I sip my 8 oz of water and check in with my accountability groups to start the day off right with them.  I hold off on eating until after my workout. We head downstairs to my basement and workout room around 7:30 am and Mommy get's a quick 30 minute workout in. The kids love to play with the toys and are getting so good at entertaining themselves. I feel like it is because they have had a similar routine since they were babies.

Right now my accountability group members are tracking our daily meals to help each other stay "accountable" and make better food choices so today was a document your food day for me as part of this challenge.

When Mommy is done working out it is a power breakfast and shower for Mommy!
 I always like to incorporate some type of morning outside activity in...it could be playing at the park, in our backyard, going for a bike ride, a walk, rollerblading, etc. In today's case the weather was beautiful and my 3rd daughter was at a playdate so I loaded my sweetie boy in the stroller and we went for a very humid and sticky run. After a week of Body Beast my arms were killing and pushing him felt like a load of bricks!!!
 After showering and posting in my accountability group about my morning workouts and encouraging them on theirs I picked up my daughter from her playdate and set about making lunch.

I am really trying hard to incorporate veggies into my diet and fuel myself with energy  for the afternoon. It really defeats the purpose to workout and then ruin it with a bad lunch. Today was two organic eggs with spinach mixed into it on corn tortilla's, sausage and some strawberries! It really hit the spot and my highlight was when my son ate spinach for the first time and said he liked it (super picky eater).
 When my older kids get home from school I can feel my temptations starting to try to give in. To combat this I make my favorite Shakeology to pep me up and help me power through the afternoon.
 I LOVE that it is packed with veggies in it and doesn't taste like it!

After a few check in's with my team and helping some new coaches my kids and I are off to the splash park in my neighborhood for some afternoon fun. My new bikini came but I don't really think it looked appropriate for the neighborhood splash park so I am saving it for my cruise!
Sports season is underway and that makes the evening very challenging for fitting in mealtimes. I prepped as much as I could ahead of time and we had some delicious homemade and organic bread & spagetti noodles for dinner.
 Then time to cheer on my daughter(s) teams and enjoy the last rays of the day!
I am a stay at home mom foremost. My kids come first. My motivation and coaching to others come from the energy that I give off. It only takes one person to help another person find that inner motivation to get something done. I like to start the chain reaction for the day with my challengers (although there are some really early birds in my group who are up before the birds whistle). 

Some days I do a "Power Hour" where I work my Beachbody business while the kids are napping or playing quietly. I don't have a set system and I just do what needs attending to. I have always been very good at multi tasking and handling multiple responsibilities!!

Do you think you might want to be a Beachbody Coach? You have to admit it is pretty cool to workout, inspire others and get paid $$$ for it!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment