Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Ultimate Reset ~ Day 2



Last night I was so tired but I was waiting for kids to get home from sports. I could have easily fallen asleep at 7:30 pm! I also was hungry but did not touch anything from the kitchen. My daughter came home from softball with Oberweis and begged me to take a bite! I was so proud I did not. I was starving though so I had a handful of fresh raspberries. Technically not allowed but my goal is to introduce new clean foods not starve myself.


I have a super busy day today so that means being prepared. Being organized keeps me sane so I got all my supplements for today ready last night so I can just take them and not think!

Woke up at 6:00 am...my stomach is rumbling a little but I need to shower and get 4 kids ready for the day so I am ignoring it! I slept so good. Actually not the middle of the night good sleeping, as I had three little girls in my bed and then bed hopped to the little boy who woke up at 3 am. I woke up feeling so refreshed and fantastic! Ready to tackle the day. Just out of curiosity, I weighed myself and I am down 1 pound to 119. Yea!

7:00 am ~ drink my 12 oz of water with mineralize and take 2 optimize supplements.


7:45 pm ~ Breakfast is 1/2 cup oatmeal and 1 cup blueberries. So easy to make and delicious. I can't promise I won't lick the bowl clean...seriously.


I waited the required 30 minutes and prepared my delicious breakfast. I normally make oatmeal a few times a week but I make it in the microwave. I decided to follow their instructions and make on the stove top. The book calls for 1/2 cup organic yogurt. I do not eat dairy so I substituted organic applesauce. I found out a substitution list and applesauce was not a substitute for yogurt. That's okay...still a healthy choice.

10:00 am ~ supplements and water! I have tumbling class with the kids so I packed them in my handy little bag that Beachbody sent. No problem taking in a crowded place! I thought I was overpacking water but I ended up drinking all of it so it was smart to have brought both.


Last night, I prepped lunch (romaine lettuce, leftover grilled chicken from Sunday's dinner, pine nuts and some strawberries). We are going to see a movies with the kiddies at lunchtime. I have no problem packing my lunch and will have that and my water with me!


11:30 am ~ lunch at the movies. Delicious and the smell of popcorn never gets me so that was not a temptation. I was hungry after my lunch but I just waited and the feeling passed. My stomach is getting used to not having a dessert after lunch. 


2:00 pm ~ alkalize with lemon and 10 shakes of mineralize in distilled water. Once again, this is not bad at all! I can't believe I almost didn't do the reset because I feared the taste of it.

I am lucky we have a rainy icky day so I can prepare the meal at home and not working about transporting that and kids to softball tonight! Bonus!

2:45 pm ~ I LOVED the optional snack of apple with peanut butter that I had yesterday so I picked that again today. I am trying to use up the groceries I have in my house rather than rush out and buy more. There are a lot of options for week 1 snacks though.


4:00 pm ~ I am STARVING!! I would love nothing more than something like popcorn with m&ms or a donut. But this is one of my habits I am trying to break.

5:00 pm ~ more water (12 oz with 10 shakes of mineralize) and my optimize and soothe supplements. They have no taste and go down easy.

5:30 pm DINNER~ Reset in a crunch~The book called for a delicious looking southwestern taco. I didn't want to spend money on a corn tortilla package that I would only use one of. I have an abundance of the items on the reset on a crunch menu so I decided I would try that tonight. These options are available for those that don't want to spend the time intensive cooking every night. Below are the pine nuts and organic black beans I got from Costco.

I messed up on dinner! It was supposed to be the rice & black bean and either the kale or a sweet potato. Honestly, I am okay with all the food I ate so no worries here. Both are great veggies that my body will thank my for.

This was the first time I have ever ate black beans or kale. I loved it and would definitely make it again. The kids (Alexa and Alyssa) both tried a black bean and liked it. Success!!! That is another bonus if the kids like what I make. 


Only water now before bed...lots of kiddies awake so I need to dash!

Day 2 is a success for me because no sweets again and tried new things. I hope you enjoyed seeing my 2nd day on the Ultimate Reset! Stay tuned for tomorrow.

1 comment :

  1. I love reading about your Reset adventures. Love the blog

    ReplyDelete