Saturday, May 2, 2015

Who ME? ELITE?


Am I crazy?? We signed up for (well really I signed up for this race because I wanted to do a date day with my hubby...date nights are so nonexistent as we are exhausted at the end of the day). BadAss 2015 and close by our house which was a bonus. The catch~I had to sign up in the Elite division. Hubby Shawn is so competitive and he really wants to place in the top of his division. So we are like peanut butter and jelly and stick together so I signed up for Elite too.

The funny thing is you don't have to qualify like some other races or prove that you are "elite." I have to admit I did feel pretty special wearing that orange Elite wristband. Funny how something so little can give you a load of confidence.



Race day comes and I am secretly freaking out (well not so secret because I complain about it every 5 minutes). 

 Notice my P90X3 tshirt...I wish Beachbody would design some cute tshirts that woman can wear. I always cut up and doctor my shirts in attempt to make them look cuter. Unlike Shawn who doesn't wear a tshirt. But I wouldn't either if my abs looked like his!!!

 I had so many thoughts during the race...the main one was I cannot believe I am 36 years old, had 4 babies and am doing this race. Most of these people are guys and they look like they are in amazing shape. I was one of a handful of females. 

This race was so tough. The running part was easy! I have the 4 miles of that down pat. The part that I had to DIG DEEP was the 37 obstacles...things I haven't done before. Like rolling tires, monkey bars, hopping in a woolen sack, hurdles (yea haven't done that since track) and many more!
 Race organizers must also know I am a sucker, a huge sucker for a race with medals. Forget the post beer drink...I want a medal!
 Crazy obstacles and all we both did amazing and placed in the top portion of our groups. Go NovakBeFit~!!


No comments :

Post a Comment