Monday, May 18, 2015

Ultimate Reset ~ Day 15



The countdown has officially began till I finish. 7 days to go! I hate to say this but today I feel done. I am not hungry, that is not the problem. I just want to have some additional options beside just fruits and veggies. I still started the day with the can do attitude though.

Breakfast all this week in Phase 3 is a fruit plate. Even in phase 3 you still need to take supplements 30 minutes before eating. The detox drink is finished and capsules called Revitalize start today (you take them three times a day). The ingredient is a prebotic and probiotic blend. I am down for this as I love rebuilding my digestive tract.


So while the kids were still getting ready for school, I took my supplements and washed my fruit for breakfast. I chose blueberries, a peach and a pear. After breakfast we went for a quick adjustment at the chiropractor.


Since the warm weather is upon us, I want to be at to take impromptu trips so I packed our  lunches (and I must say my lettuce was completely wilted so I had to throw it out and plan a second lunch of veggies) and off we went for some morning appointments. Since the salad was out of the picture I sliced some yellow and orange peppers, made some fresh green beans, cut celery and added a little peanut butter. I am glad I brought this along because we got to surprise my family with a quick visit and picnic lunch (don't forget you take your supplements with water 30 minutes before lunch).


When we got home I was exhausted and with a busy night ahead of me I laid down for a few minutes. While doing so my adorable 3rd daughter said, "momma, look at me, I'm just like YOU! I made a healthy snack and I took pictures!" A girl after my own heart.


I usually have my alkalinize drink around 2 pm (remember 2 hours after you eat lunch). After 30 minutes you can have the optional snack. I am in the home stretch and I still can't get sweets out of my brain. I know people say that the longer you go with out them the easier it get's. Since I don't plan to completely eliminate at any point in my life I am just teaching myself moderation (seriously what is life without chocolate). 

I am such a creation of habit that I make the same foods days in a row. Today was a repeat from yesterday, strawberries, watermelon and corn. I couldn't really enjoy any of since my canker sore in my mouth was killing from the citrus. 


My daughter, Kaitlyn, called me out when I had a bowl of cereal with my afternoon snack. She said you better post that and tell your followers what you are eating. Please note, this is most definitely not on the menu. No nutritional value honestly and I accepted that. 

We have softball games for both kids tonight so I am following the day 15 meal in the book which is a baked sweet potato and garlic veggies. Quick and easy and hopefully satisfying. I packed this up and brought in the car. 

Sadly, I didn't like the vdeggies. I am learning more about what and how I like my veggies and I did not like mine stir fried. I like mine softer (not crispier) and with lemon juice, not olive oily. Lesson learned. The sweet potato transported really well in foil and stayed warm.

At the softball game I was so cold for 2 plus hours. I think everyone around me was super cold but I felt the affect of being a few pounds lighter.

 

After softball I decided to re-introduce eggs and toast, which was a meal from phase 1 (again, note you are not "supposed" to do this until after the end of this week). I was starving and dreaming of pizza and pop. Instead of my vision, I made a healthy egg sandwich with all organic ingredients. I am happy to report that it did not hurt my stomach in the least. Remember, my goal was never to completely eliminate these items and as you can see the program still worked. I won't know how it worked if I followed it 110% but I have a very busy, real life with 4 crazy, insane, lovable kids. I have to do what works for me!

End of Phase 2 pictures, beginning of Phase 3 photos.

 


No comments :

Post a Comment