Sunday, April 5, 2015

Body Beast




I was two full weeks into Body Beast when I came down with the stomach bug. I am not talking a little upset stomach...I am referring to Mommy not being able to move and 2 of the 4 kids sicker than they have ever been. Think carpets and sofa's being thrown up on (don't worry...cleaners were called out) and buckets being used. 

Anyways...I almost didn't even purchase the Body Beast program because I was afraid it was geared too much to men (take note Sagi...maybe you should have a female in your program). I am glad that I didn't listen to my instinct on this one and I ordered it. Once I started a week of the program I loved loved loved it!! It is the perfect combination of weight lifting (and I just mute the program so I don't have to listen to Sagi refer to his men jokes:). 

I am doing the lean version (don't worry ladies...you don't have male hormones so you won't bulk up) and the workouts are between 30-45 minutes (yes the 45 minute ones are painful when you have a 2 year old patiently waiting). But I am able to do this program with P90X3. I just sit down on Sunday (Sunday is my official start of my workout week...it tricks my brain into thinking I am ahead for the week) and plan on what workouts are going to be done on what days. This is perfect because then I am able to plan rest days and schedule the harder workouts on non busy kid days.

If you are getting back into a program after an illness, injury or just time off just go a little slower and listen to your body. You don't have to be a superhuman. Be proud that you even took the time to take care of YOU! I promise you will feel better after you are done.

Do you have whatever it takes? Maybe you want to join me in my challenge group for Body Beast?

No comments :

Post a Comment