Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Fixate: Healthy Mac N' Cheese

My kids LOVE mac and cheese. And we used to have it quite a bit of those blue boxes a few years ago until I looked at the box and I started learning about labels. I was shocked when I discovered how truly horrible Kraft is (supposedly Kraft is taking out the ingredients beginning in January 2016 but I will not switch back). 

We transitioned to Costco Back to Nature brand and Annie's. I was excited today to try Autumn Calabrese's easy homemade macaroni and cheese with broccoli and chicken. So easy to make! I didn't include portions because you can't mess this one up. Increase or decrease based on the size of your family.



  • boneless, skinless chicken breast cooked and diced
  • brocoli steamed and chopped
  • whole wheat macaroni noodles boiled and drained
  1. Add some butter to a large pan and melt
  2. Pour about 1 cup milk to the melted butter
  3. Add grated or cut sharp cheddar cheese and melt
  4. Stir together
  5. Add himalayan salt and black pepper to taste
Pour in the noodles, broccoli and chicken and mix. Easy!




No comments :

Post a Comment