Tuesday, August 25, 2015

It's my Birthday!

I'm 37 years old this birthday and I feel better (not just little better but fantastically better) than I did at 27 years old. Granted at 27, I had one little girl and was working full time trying to juggle being a wife and motherhood, working as a banking professional in a stressful career and trying to squeeze in a workout during my lunch hour at work. Fast forward to 4 kids later (and still trying to juggle being a wife and mother...that will never change now but my responsibilities to these little bodies have increased). I feel like I have a routine that works and I want to share it with you. So many people, especially mothers, ask how I squeeze in my workout daily? It is because I have learned I need to make myself a priority. If Mama doesn't get her workout in than nobody is happy!! 

During the school year, I still have two little bodies home with me for the majority of the day so my day starts before my older two get on the bus at 7:30 am. About three days a week, I go for an early morning 3 mile run while my husband can supervise the morning commotion. The other days, I run downstairs with my other kids in tow the minute I get them on the bus and pop in my daily 30 minute workout. 

So it was my birthday but instead of just having my cupcakes (or 2) I made sure I got my workout in first...because I matter!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment