Thursday, June 25, 2015

1 month already!! Post Ultimate Reset Follow Up

It feels like a million years ago that I did the Beachbody Ultimate Reset. I am still super proud and amazed that I was able to change my eating habits so dramatically and stay away from sweets for 21 days. No donuts, muffins, cookies or sweets for 21 Days?? I proved to myself that I could do without.

So now that the reset is done what have I been doing?
First, EXERCISE!! If you follow the reset to plan you are not supposed to workout to give your body an internal break. I was so excited to hop back in and I have been training for my first 1/2 marathon for the last month. I also jumped back into Body Beast. I didn't lose any endurance or strength from my time off which I know is a concern of some people.

Beachbody sells a maintenance kit which includes packets of alkalinize (yes that nasty green drink) and optimize supplement. I don't know if these have an added value post reset (I am always truthful) but because the ingredients are pure and organic I feel like they can't hurt so I ordered a month supply and have been taking them.

I weighed 120 pounds pre-reset. At my lowest I was 112 on the reset. I have been hovering around 114-116 post re-set. Obviously on the days I eat better and stay away from the sweets I am on the 114 end. If I eat more sweets my weight hovers closer to 115 or so. The number really doesn't matter but just a pound or two really does impact how my clothes fit on my body and how I feel about myself. 

FOOD...I will be absolutely honest with you. I have indulged since the reset. In my head I do keep portion control in mind. I do amazing for breakfast, lunch and the afternoon. Dinner is usually very sensible but I do still love my daily dessert. I am trying to have good breaks of days where I obtain from having anything sweet.

Our meals have also improved. The kids are eating much more veggies and I am cooking them daily. I have found that I really prefer the frozen organic big bag of veggies from Costco. I get the green beans, broccoli, mixed veggies and normandy style veggies. I throw as many as I want in a microwave safe bowl and they are ready in about 5 minutes or so. This fits into my busy lifestyle much better and food doesn't go to waste.
 I am also much more willing to try new things. Last night I went to a Japanese restaurant and was able to identify many items that were on the reset. And even better yet I like the things that I try.

My only regret is what I did post reset. I should have just stayed away from the sweets and never ate them (okay, that is not real life). BUT I do wish I did that. If you can and have the willpower to not resume habits again (fast food, soda, sweets, eating out, etc) I highly recommend using the new things that you have learned to help maintain your results. If you don't the weight will come back on. Remember, this program was not designed to lose weight but to cleanse your body internally.

I hope this helps you in your journey after the reset, or if you are considering it. I have already decided I am going to do the reset again in January 2016 so if you want to join me this would be a fantastic opportunity to have accountability and support from someone who has been there and done it!!

No comments :

Post a Comment