Wednesday, December 23, 2015

On the 3rd day of Fit-mas

On the 3rd day of Fit-mas, I am recommending you do something special for yourself in 2016. Think of your health as a gift to yourself. What is that you want to do but maybe wouldn't consider because of the cost or time involved?

DREAM BIG!! My 2015 gift to myself was signing up for 2 1/2 marathon races. I planned out about 9 months in advance. This gave me plenty of time to train and properly plan. What is the big deal you ask? Well it is more than the expense of the race fees (about $100 each). You need to factor in massages, shoes (hmmm, that is a reminder for me to order my favorite pair of running shoes Asics Gel Kayano 20...find what shoe works for you!), a fun race shirt (check out my 1/2 marathon 1/2 crazy 13.1 shirt above), songs for running, massages (yup, I am a every other week girl) and other unexpected expenses that might crop up. 

My 2016 goal is to do a (gulp) marathon. No promises but that is my goal. Give yourself of planning. It is so much fun! 

No comments :

Post a Comment