Sunday, December 6, 2015

What are you thankful for?

Today at a Christmas party we had to go around the table and say something we were excited or thankful for. I am obviously thankful for things that I pray will never change but these are NOT the things that I said...I don't really like speaking in public. HERE is what I COULD have said:

  • my health
  • my family and children's health
  • financial freedom to be a stay at home mom
  • running my own small business as a motivational coach and inspiring others
  • meeting some of my own goals this year such as running a 1/2 marathon not once but twice and achieving a personal record!
  • enjoying a trip with my hubby this year
  • taking a wonderful vacation with my immediate and extended family and friends
  • being creative and re-finishing my cabinets all myself when I couldn't even open a paint can (and then fixing my 10 year old home a facelift with some other cosmetic changes)
I don't like tooting my own horn that is why I couldn't say those things. 

But I know my role is raising my kids and that is what I am doing right now. Therefore, my kids goals are mine for the next 18 years. Until then I am trying not to lose sight of who I am. I accomplish this by taking care of myself which leads to me taking care of my kids. That is my WHY for being a Beachbody coach. When the time comes and my kids don't need me anymore I will be strong, fit and ready to concur whatever my goals are. Whatever they might be at that time...What are you thankful for?

No comments :

Post a Comment