Monday, January 4, 2016

1.4.16 Day 1


It is with so much anticipation that I start the Master's Hammer & Chisel 60 day Beachbody program featuring celebrity trainers Sagi and Autumn Calabrese. This program combines the strengths of both of them. I knew when I saw this program that I would be able to give this program 110%!

Today is day 1 and I am going to blog my entire 60 day journey. I am COMMITTING to the workout plan and more importantly the nutritional plan. That is the hardest part of this program for me. So on days when I can I will be using the meal portion containers and planning out my meals. This doesn't mean that I will not be flexible with myself but if I can stick to the containers I will. 


So on to day 1!

I was very well rested when I woke up since I went to bed early yesterday. Woke up with energy and excited to begin. I warmed up by walking 1 mile on the treadmill (I am only walking right now and doing zero running). Then I hit play on my DVD player and began with Chisel Balance which features Autumn. 

Chisel Balance does not have any cardio only weights. BUT that doesn't mean you won't sweat. I had to take my shirt off and only wear my sports bra because I got hot (and I don't like getting warm when I work out). 



Equipment needed...weights, mat and bench (I don't have a bench so I just followed the program's modification). 

Each move is repeated twice. It is tough because you are trying to tighten your core and appropriate body parts. 

The toughest move was towards the end and called pistol squats. Innocent right? Nope, they are a killer. 


I had to laugh because the last 6 minutes when Autumn says, "don't think you can stop that you did enough"....that is exactly what I was thinking and would have done but I am 110% committed! Those pistol squats were killer! I used 12.5 lbs weights for the workout except for the second set of squats I went to 7.5 lbs. 

You can see my body flaws in this video but maybe in 60 days it will be tighter and toner!

Today is a cold, snowy day home where we have no where to go but stay home. So I am incorporating treadmill walking as much as I can. I walked another mile before lunch (and this is a great chance to get some walking in and catch up on my favorite recorded shows). I was able to walk 3 miles today which was a success!

Now on to my meals...

Before and during my workout I made sure to drink lots of water. Check!

My meals were all planned out but the best of plans get tossed aside. I decided to change it up alittle.

9:00 am egg/sausage/cheese muffin first rather than as a snack. 
 11:00 am Shakeology (Greenberry) with small banana and pineapple (the few grapes on the top are to eat:)

1:00 pm Mexican Chicken Tortilla soup (I didn't have enough for the serving size recommended so just had alittle less)  

Green salad with assorted berries
3:00 pm Peanut butter (spoon) with whole grain toast (this is when I am starving and would normally scarf down a big handful of cookies or other not great for you stuff.

At this point, I am only left with one red and one green container which I am saving for dinner. I am going to try some green tea with honey to hep with the hunger which I know is my stomach adjusting from overeating during the holidays.

3:30 pm cup of green tea with alittle honey
 I think I am the worldest most inadequate cook. I made the Almond Chicken from the new Hammer and Chisel meal planning guide. They made it look so easy and delicious. I probably messed it up somehow because it didn't look or taste like the book. 
 I fall in between containers so I was able to have alittle after dinner snack without feeling guilty. I decided to use some of my orange spoons I have left to eat some peanut butter.
 Also, the 21 Day Fix meal plan allows you to use a yellow container 3 times a week for a treat. Since I could have one more yellow and orange I had some popcorn and chocolate covered raisons. 

The kitchen closed by 6:30 pm and so did my eating. Can't wait for day 2!











No comments :

Post a Comment