Sunday, January 10, 2016

Review of week 1: Hammer & Chisel

What happens when you make it through 1 week of Hammer & Chisel? You congratulate yourself and your challenge group on a successful start to their 60 days.

In review of the first week here are my best tips:
  • Drink tons of water. I ate much better when I was hydrated.
  • Preview the workout the night before so you know how long the workout is and what to expect. I found this really set my expectations appropriately and I did better in my workouts.
  • Don't over plan your meals. When I cleaned my fridge today Sunday I found I didn't eat as much I planned and I had too much food waste. I thought I would eat more than I did. 
  • I used containers from Monday-Friday late afternoon. Friday night-Sunday I just did my best and ate healthy portions but I did have some things that are probably not great for the meal plan. I am okay with that because the only person I am hurting is myself. I didn't go crazy with food just ate not as healthy as I did when I used the containers. 
  • A silly, but effective tip I have is doing laundry on Sunday. I have all the clean socks and clothes I need for the week and just mentally feel better when this time consuming chore is completed for the week (think 6 people and the quantity of laundry I do).
  • I added some cardio (because it is cold in my state currently) by walking on the treadmill. This helped me feel less sore and get me ready for my workouts.
  • Close the kitchen by 7 PM!
  • Reward yourself with a massage! You earned it.

I can honestly say that I really enjoyed the first week and am looking forward to tomorrow.


No comments :

Post a Comment