Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Day 3: Hammer & Chisel


Day 3 and it feels so great to be so sore. That's great, my whole body aches! My shoulders are especially sore. 

Today's workout looked so easy. BUT don't let looks fool you. This was another tough workout. Autumn was the trainer today and I was sweating within a few minutes.

I tracked my reps and just kept them all in one column rather than using the whole page.
 The layout of the 35 minute workout...you do 10 reps, hold the move for 10 seconds and then repeat and repeat again. Yup, 3 sets of 3 exercises!


I have been doing amazing on the meal plan. I really see why it is easy to get off track and put on a few extra pounds. If I don't have my meals planned out than I know I more tempted to grab something that is not great for me to eat. I like knowing (or having an idea of what I am going to be eating for the day).

Here is today's meal plan:
Breakfast: 1/2 english muffin (y), sausage (1/2 r), egg (1/2 r), cheese (1/2 b)

Snack: assorted berries (p)

Lunch: baked sweet potato (2 y), shredded chicken (r), black beans (r), cilantro

***NOTE: make sure you rinse your black beans really good. I didn't rinse them as well as I should and they turned the chicken dark.

This was super easy to make. I pre-cooked chicken breasts and then shredded it. Then while my potato was cooking I missed together a dash of himalayan salt, black beans and chicken. I chopped up some cilantro and topped it all of with it. 

Snack: Shakeology (r) with banana (p) and pineapple (p)

Dinner: (2 g) lettuce, (r) chicken mixed with lime juice (free), (a few red) some black beans, (a few yellow) tortilla strips. 

I was trying to make a Mexican salad and it tasted delicious.

Another trick I have done to wean myself off the huge quantity of junk is to allow myself a small treat daily. I am not talking about a donut...yesterday and today I allowed myself 3 small squares of a high quality chocolate (and that is not even one serving).

It's 6:30 pm and the kitchen is closed for me and I'm still hungry. Thank goodness I am shutting it down! No junk!

Also combining the program with treadmill walking. Lucky that Dance Moms is back on so I have some great shows to watch! Another 2 miles walking today!

No comments :

Post a Comment