Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Master's Hammer & Chisel Day 2

Day 2!

After my kids being off school for the last two weeks and one child having her tonsils out over break (nope no school yet for her) I know today is not going to be pretty. So I did as much as I could ahead of time to get us ready for the day (clothes are laid out, toothbrushes are pasted, lunches, snacks and water bottles are made and filled). My goal is to run to the workout room the second I get the kids on the bus and hit play. I was happy to see that tomorrow's workout is only 26 minutes. That means I will have time before I have to take my son to preschool in the morning. 


I just previewed the workout (I try to do this as it get's me an idea of what equipment I need and what I am in for) and it looks super intense. I am not going to stress because I know it is my first time doing this one. It won't be pretty or perfect!

People ask me...how can I work out first thing in the morning?

For me, it just feels great when I can wake up, take care of the kids and then take care of ME. If I don't work out right away I will not do it later on. My favorite way to warm up is to walk on the treadmill first for 1/2 mile or a mile. I get warm (I hate taking off my pjs's) but since I am warm I don't mind putting my workout clothes on and starting my workout. 

On to day 2 which is Hammer Plyometrics featuring Sagi. Isn't my pink clipboard so cute? It makes it more fun to track my reps. Well I tracked today's reps and I KNOW I did the best I could but some of those reps are so low! Something to improve on for next time this workout pops up.

So the big question is how was the workout? It was just as bad as I thought it would be when I previewed it. Maybe it's because it is fast moving and intense. I don't have a workout bench so I used my step bench and modified the pull-up and chin-ups. Here is a sneak peek of "crazy horses."
 So when I created my meal plan, I didn't take in account the leftovers. I don't want to waste food so I made some modifications to my meal plan (yes, I would love to modify it so I can just eat junk!!). Nope, what I am doing is changing it around so I am using up some of the leftover food.

Breakfast: 8:20 am oatmeal packet (y)

Snack: 9:30 am fruit (p)

Lunch: noon tortilla (y), chicken/leftover from last night (r) and lettuce (g)

Snack: 1:30 pm Shakeology (r), banana (p) and pineapple (p)

Snack: 3:00 pm - I wanted to use up this convenient pre-packed nuts/cheese mix so this was today's snack. I think the portions are right on.

I sure am craving the snack/junk food that I love to eat. But that is the slippery slope because one bite or one portion is not enough for me. So I am chugging lots of water and staying committed. 

Snack: spoon of peanut butter (allowed and better than reaching into the pantry for something not great).

For me the eating plan is one million times harder than the workouts.

Dinner: lettuce (2) greens, pasta sauce all natural (1) green and meatballs (actually it was 8 of them...2) reds. I sprinkled alittle parmesan on the sauce and it was delicious.


Calorie Target:
4 greens=1 left
3 purple=ate them all!
4 red=ate them all!
3 yellow=ate them all!
1 blue=gobbled up!
1 orange=eaten!
spoons=could have had more

Day 2 is a SUCESS!!! Experts say it takes 21 Days to create a habit so let's keep going strong!

No comments :

Post a Comment